• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[BETA] - Sword of Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
-Version: BETA, it's playable but still not polished well meaning it can contains some imba issues or lack of events. But anyway, it's somehow finished. For some reasons i cant not host it on B.net to test for multiplaying so i hope you can help me. Check it out and report me about map's bugs or just give me some suggestions.

-Map Type: Hero Arena

-Gameplay: Train your Hero, build up your items, hunt mobs and kill enemy heroes to claim victory.
-Additional Information:

-Hero: There are a total of 16 Heroes, all uses custom models and carefully desinged. The maximum level is 40. Each Hero has three attribute:
+Strength: Increases hit points and hit points regen rate.
+Agility: Increases defense, critical damage (4*Agility) and attack rate.
+Intelligent: Increases Chi (mana) and additional Skill (internal) damage (4*Intelligent).
Currently, there are two Heroes which are not MPI. (Emei Sword and Emei Zither) so you can have only one for a match but i will try to fix this soon.

-Skill: Each Hero has it's own custom skills, each skill has ten levels while the ultimate has five levels. All is done in VJass and tested carefully. Most of skills has two grade with a successful chance (10%/level). The next grade is normally more powerful.

-Item: There are about 60+ items in game, items with slots can be upgraded by crystal, crystal can be acquired by killing the mobs. The recipe system is comprehensive and convenient. You can only equip one weapon, one armor and one helmet.

-External damage/defense = physical damage/defense.
-Internal damage/defense = skill damage/defense.

-Recruit: i need an artist to make a Minimap Image and a Loading Screen. I can support you will some nice pictures.
-Any suggestions, comments or help is welcome, just pm me or post at my thread.

-Download: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/sword-of-justice-beta-131577/

Attachments

• Deadly Flower Storm.jpg
    Deadly Flower Storm.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Dragon Slaying Palm.jpg
    Dragon Slaying Palm.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 93
  • Silent Night.jpg
    Silent Night.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 112
  • Stars of Infinity.jpg
    Stars of Infinity.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Taiching Sword.jpg
    Taiching Sword.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 123
Level 15
This is extremely similar to a map I played before... The gameplay is almost completely the same...
Anyway, when I saw this
it can contains some imba issues
I lolled. Why? The first hero I played pwned everything with a single spell and one hit. Who is he? That Lance guy with the Wind-Slashing Lance skill (or whatever). It seriously does too much damage... Remove that chance to slow and change it to a chance to hit thrice, also make it hit once by default. That would make it a lot more balanced. You may also want his skills to cost some chi, or chi would be pointless for hit and 100 hit points is peanuts compared to his 9k hitpoints at level 20 or so.
His charge skill is fine, rather balanced and helps combo his first ability. His ultimate seems weaker than his first skill though, as I have said, nerf the first skill :). His passive isn't the best but isn't too bad. Keep it, or he would be too aggressive for everyone's good.
I may have sounded kinda harsh just now but its the truth, there are lots of imbalances (and what's with the Dragon Turtle instant-killing my hero? Why does that happen?). Anyway, I did enjoy the gameplay itself and have always loved hero arenas and games involving fast-paced action. Quite a good hero arena, really impressive. Though the filesize is quite high, please try to get it reduced, squish models, compress icons etc.
Well, good luck with the map, it has a lot of potential :)

Status
Not open for further replies.