• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JX RPG - A Martial Arts World !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
shaolin.jpg

Summary:
-As the name may have implied, JX RPG is a warcraft based map following the story of my favourite MMORPG JX Online (known as Wu Lin Zhuan Ji in my country). It’s nothing new but im trying to put all my ideas and concepts into the map as well as my experience and the favor in this genre.
-Like any other RPGs, you can choose a sect, solve many type of quests, grind for items, hunt strong Bosses, but this woul be a fast-paced game, meaning you can level up fast, focus on spamming skills and PK.
Features:
Character Class: The map features 7 schools for players to choose, each school has two braches so that we can have up to 14 unique characters:

-ShaoLin: has very extensive and profound martial arts knowledge if compared with other schools in the martial world. There are various scrolls kept in the classic pavilion of ShaoLin. Yi Jing scripture and washed core scripture are the most valuable scrolls of Shao Lin sect.

+ShaoLin Martial: Warrior with profound internal power (hermit) is able to gather energy before engages in the battle. They're the unbeatable rival for combatant who prone to mono-combat skill.
+Shaolin Zen: Monks who are expert in five elements of Buddha Lion roaring skill (hermit). Their skills mostly prone to conversion of elements and non-element latent strength attack, and they're good in supportive attack skills as well.

-Wudang: is the holy land of Taoism in Martial world and Wudang enjoys the parallel position with Shaolin in Song Mountain. Therefore comes the popular saying "In the north respects paid to Shaolin martial arts; yet in the south honor should be given to WuDang martial arts." It is widely heard that the founder of Wudang martial art was a Taoist called Zhang SanFeng. Latent strength is the domain skill of Wudang.

+Wudang Sword: Sword masters with inscrutable latent strength and swordplay skill (Hermit). They're excellent in internal attack skills which included the five elemental attacks and the non-elemental attack skill, and supportive skills too.

+Wudang Brush: The agile and elegant Knight-errant (Hero). They're excelling at combo attack and excellent single-heat attack, able to move deftly in battlefield.

-Beggar: is the largest one of the most reputable orthodox sects in martial world. The Dragon Subduing Eighteen Striking Palms is exclusive only to the Chief of the sect, being passed down from predecessor to successor, along with the sect's heirloom, the Dog Whacking Cane and its associated skills.

+Beggar Fist: Warriors who possess powerful fighting skills and great forces (scholar). They're the main forces of the battlefield with the high level attack and fight back abilities possess by them.

+Beggar Cane: The easygoing wanderers (Hermit). With their unordinary supportive skills, they can protect themselves perfectly in the battlefield as well as annoy the enemies.

-Emei: which is located at EMei Mountain, ShiChuan was a sect founded by a woman, originally called Fairy Fist. Afterward, the ancestor joined in Buddhism, the sect was then renamed in the twofold sense of females' alternative name "EMei" and Buddhist Holy Land "EMei Mount", which are of the same pronunciation but of different characters.

+Emei Sword: Healers that possess holy power (Hermit). The only character who possesses the supportive skill: recover and strengthens and the indispensability role in the battlefield.

+Emei Zither: Zither masters who expert in music and musical instruments (Hero). They hold the balance in large scale battle with their curse and attack skills.

-Tang Clan: resides in Tang's chateau which located at Gong Province of ShiChuan for generations. They are well-known projectile making in martial world and famous in projectiles, firearms, powders making and designing. People of Tang Clan live in their own world, they neither associate with the righteous schools, nor associate with the evil side.

+Tang Clan Disciple: Assassins who are expert in shooting, projectile and trap setting. Their attacks are almost impossible to defend effectively by the enemy.

-Yang Family: residence is the mansion of Yang Ye, the hero of Song Dynasty who fought against the army of Liao. The mansion is located beside the Gold River of BianJing Tian Po Gate. The Yang Generals refer to the warriors from Yang Clan led by Yang Ye who fought at the border of North Song against the invasion of Liao.

+Yang Spear: Emphasizes on spear skill. The skill is simple and practical, focusing on breaking through enemies formation and eliminating them fearlessly.

+Yang Bow: Emphasizes on bow attack in battle. Fire multiple continuous shots to take down multiple enemies simultaneously. When shefocuses her energy, she will be able to deal serious damage on a single target.

-Five Poison: The isolated land of Miao is well-known for its dangerous terrains and various poisonous and ferocious inhabitants. The people of Miao had mastered the art of poison manipulation for centuries which is known as poisonous magic.

-Regions: Includes about 8 maps for you to discover, from the grasslands to the snowy mountains or dark dungeons, the map size is not two big however, you can travel easily between them.

-Events: There are two main events in game.

+Song Liao Battlefield: The King of Song Country is a commander on the punish war with Liao Country, It’s not a time of him. So he has taken 40.000 soldiers to run back Yan Me Guan Gate. Song’s King has resigned to wait a next chance for revenge. Don’t leave my unique chance, Song’s King run after Song soldiers at Yan Me Guan Gate. The war has begun. In this event you will play as a small AOS, whenever the opposite side's general dies or time out, the event will end.

+Hidden Sword Pavillion: Hidden Sword Pavilion, located in JiangNan, is owned by a family who is expert in weapon forging and sword fighting arts. It is ‘off-the-beaten-track’ because it possesses many precious and rare treasures. As a trouble-proof measure, the Pavilion Owner even prohibits his followers from relating with the outside folks.

The secrets of Hidden Sword Pavilion; however, are somehow leaked and folkmen from all places start rushing here. Pavilion Owner Yea Nan Tian finds it hard to say no to these unwelcome guests. Therefore, he reluctantly sends out Hero Invitation Cards to appeal warriors from all corners of the world. All men who get enough Cards (8 Cards) can eligibly meet Hidden Sword Ambassador in XiangYang and pass the gate. Soon aware of the greed of the folks, the Owner decides to run a secret scheme halting accession into the Pavilion. Join up to 8 people in a team to break through the pavillion and kill the header, many precious awards are awaiting.

-STATS: Each level gives you 6 points, you can spend on any stat you like or increases the level of your skills.

+Strength: Involves hit points, HP regen rate and physical damage.

+Agility: Involves attack speed and physical defense.

+Intelligent: Involves chi points, chi regen rate and skill defense.

Note that to learn new level of your skills you will need reputation (wood), this can be acquired by doing quests, winning Song Liao Battlefield event or kill enemy Heroes.

-Skills/Spells: Each skill has ten level and most of them will has two grades with different abilities. The higher level, the more chance to fire grade B. They do involve the Hero stats, two. For example, +100% Agility to damage. The ultimate skill has only five level, but it's powerful with fast cooldown (60 seconds).

-Item: There will be tons of item and each item has three levels, you can upgrade them by Crystals.

Team: -Currently there is only me, any help is welcome.

-Progress:
-Terrain: 100%.

-Heroes: 100%.
-Units: 0%
Skills/Spells: 20%.
-Quest: 0%.
-Items: 80%
-Screenies:

Recruit: 1 quest maker, 1 modeller, testers.

-The most important role i need is a modeller, i need some special effects, somehow like this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/model-request-chinese-martial-arts-skills-123183/

-CREDIT:
-Vexorian: for inventing VJASS, JASS NGP and Caster System 15.3 (w3c.net)
-Nanuto_Husk: for tooltip creator (tool)
-Spec: for Button Manager (tool)
-Rising_Dusk: for knockback and Damage Detection system
-Cohadar: for Texttag and Border Safety system
-Robbepop: for Attribute System
I will update the list of modellers later !

Screenshots:

Attachments

• Bewitched Melody.jpg
    Bewitched Melody.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 980
  • Endless Force Art.jpg
    Endless Force Art.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 473
  • Tai Yi Sword.jpg
    Tai Yi Sword.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 801
  • Universal Aid.jpg
    Universal Aid.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 411
  • Taiching Sword.jpg
    Taiching Sword.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Level 7
Will this be for online play or single play?

This will be for online play, single is boring, my frtiend :grin:
Update some more pictures about the lands.

Attachments

• Crystal Summit.jpg
    Crystal Summit.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Great Mine.jpg
    Great Mine.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 248
  • JX RPG.jpg
    JX RPG.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 424
  • Venom Swamp.jpg
    Venom Swamp.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 924
  • Xi Men Pavillion.jpg
    Xi Men Pavillion.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 220
Level 7
Thank you people, the progress is going well, i am programming the spells part ! they are rather complicated and of course are done in VJass.
My problem now is maybe the special effects !
-I hope people can spare some free time to help me a bit, this project is not too big but advanced :))
-@rover: thank you anyway, i will pm you if i need any help !

Level 7
This will be a fast-paced game focusing on PVP instead of spending hours killing boring mobs and slowly leveling !
You solve some quests for reputation and somehow entertain, you slay the mobs for experience and items, ultimately face other well-equiped characters in Song Liao Battlefield

-Emei sword has been finished, she represent the Water element and is a professional healer, supporter. She has only one attacking skill "Maiden's sword" but with Buddha Battle Spirit, she can pump skill damage/defense for herself as well as her teammates up to 2500/1200 points...(Normally an ultimate skill level 5 has 2500 damage + additional damage from item/stat)

Attachments

• Buddha Battle Spirit.jpg
    Buddha Battle Spirit.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 451
  • Emei Sword Infor.jpg
    Emei Sword Infor.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 348
Status
Not open for further replies.