• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Project)Martial Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
logobwj.png

├ Hello, everyone!
I am pleased to present you "Martial Hunters". It is a project founded by me and a friend (Torak).

├ Pre-Note

├ First, please correct me if this is the wrong forum. I don't see any one except
Video Games and Computer Tech, and I think Video Games suit this more since
it's a video game...

├ Next, I know that :
├ Making a video game is long.
├ Making an MMORPG is even longer.
├ This actually takes skill. I do not state that I am overly skilled, but I am enough skilled, I and the other coder in the team (Yet we're only two, though I've yet to work with him...).
├ C++ Is not a language for beginners and is hard to master.
├ Irrlicht Engine is not a game engine but a 3D rendering engine, but I'm used to it more than I'm used to OGRE (Which is a rendering engine too... Oh wait! What am I saying?)

├ What is Martial Hunters?

├ Martial Hunters (MH) is a (MMO)RPG project, started 2 weeks ago.
It follows the Martial arts, chinese ways, etc. hence the name MARTIAL Hunters.

├ It is developed by :
Wolf Corp. : A team of coders, that includes myself, Blaster (Not in the project, could be), and SGT-Fatality. Plus others that are not listed here since not in the project.

├ It is designed by :
Torak Design : A team of graphists, modelers, created by Torak, that does everything graphic in the game (UI, meshes, etc.)

├ Classes?

├ MH will have four (4) classes (Only one gender at the moment) :
Monks :
Thanks to their physical-magical balance, Monks have the capability to deal relatively high damage while having enough defence. Their pitfall is that they have low health.

Warriors :
These ones are a little slow, deal not very high damage, but have health more than any other class. Good at defending their allies.

Ninjas (YARR!) :
Agile and Fast fighters, they will dissimulate and surprise their foes, backstabbing them. They do not have good defence, if spotted, they die easily due to the lack of this one.

Mages :
Sages of extreme intelligence, they can support their allies with greatly helping spells, or devastate their enemies with shattering rituals.

├ Weapons?

├ The weapons are organized depending on classes :

Monks :
Can use Gauntlets, Staffs, and Maces.

Warriors :
Can use Sabers, Lances, and Axes.

Ninjas :
Can use Sabers, Daggers, and Bows.

Mages :
Can use Gauntlets, Staffs and (Warlock) Rods.

├ Some screenshots?

Have at thee!

First menu (Play, etc.) in VB.Net (Other exe.) :
interfacetorak9.jpg
It is not I who added the copyright icon x)

Menu finished :
img03042011181703copie.jpg

├ We've yet to finish the Character Creation, to make a screenshot of it. I'm still optimizing and fixing the bugs encountered, and then you'll have a screenshot.

├ Want to Join?

├ The Torak Design team absolutely needs modelers. Please w/e add "herian86" to Skype (If you have one), or P.M. me to discuss it. You may also leave a V.M (Visitor Message) on my profile.

├ The Torak Design team also needs one (1) graphically awesome guy. (Yeah, a graphist.)

Yours,
~Wolfae! - Wolf Corp. Coderz

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What liscence is this software being produced under? Open source or some form of copyright?

Any links to your current designed ideas? This post is far too brief to describe what you must have planned.

I take it that atleast 1 of your team knows in great detail about the subject. Players expect authentic names and animations.

If this is a MMORPG I take it you already have some form of server architecture planned.

Also where is this set and what must you do? Going arround unleshing martial arts upon random generic AI is hardly going to grab peoples attention when compared to Diablo III where as a monk you can unlesh powerful hand to hand attacks on numberous demons.

You going to take advantage of tessilisation right?

Umm where are the shuriken? And the Nunchaku?

Mages :
Sages of extreme intelligence, they can support their allies with greatly helping spells, or devastate their enemies with shattering rituals.
You probably need a better name than a "mage". You are doing exotic martial arts and you add a mage? Atleast keep it in theme by naming it something more traditional.

Level 3
The game will be under a Copyright license. If ever we get to fail this project (We have high chances to not. But we've got a life that causes us problems, especially I and Torak.) sources will be given under the GNU license.

Yes, as you say, "at least" one of us knows the whole planned ideas.
Authentic animations? Well. Models will be made by the team's modelers.

This is set in a simple world ; Dungeons, quests, jobs (Trading, Thieving, and maybe more), crafting.
It is not meant to be "as good as" Diablo III, or the Latest-Hit games ; We're not a great enterprise of professional game developers, with stunning modelers.
We're simple, yet sure to be able to do this.

For a server architecture, yes, we've got the whole "thing" planned, but not ready yet.

Guess so, I will take advantage of this.

Shuriken & Nunchaku : Hm, nowhere. Throwing a shuriken could be a spell for the Ninja.

You probably need a better name than a "mage". You are doing exotic martial arts and you add a mage? Atleast keep it in theme by naming it something more traditional.

Names probably WILL get changed later on, as we're not already set in the IG-Development. Still working on Characters.

Thank you for your comment! =)

Level 3
Bump.
Project re-developed in C# seeing that I'm much more eased with .Net and XNA than... Irrlicht. Anyways, we're almost hitting the Ingame, again. Got to finish the mouseclick detection and GUI-click detection, and we'll be done.

Level 1
wish you good luck with this project,for sure il be first who try the beta

1 question if i can.

it's a "copy" from the old martial heroes? if yes , alot of people will join this game,for sure !:ad:

Level 3
Hello.
Sorry for the 'long' time without answers. I haven't been on the hive.

Hm, the game will have some aspects inspired from the old Martial Heroes ; but the touch of originality remains an objective to the Martial Hunters team.

Thank you for your comment,
~ Wolfae

Status
Not open for further replies.