• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Agility based fighting system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hey everybody

i once worked on a alternative fighting system for wc3

it contains 3rd person view and arrow-key control for your hero.
i know, that´s not new or special at all, but there´s more:

1. Attack
by pressing the "h"-button, the hero performs an attack which damages and pushes away everyone who is right in front of him.
--> you don´t need to right click on an enemy
--> you have to aim by yourself
--> you can hit several enemies with one strike
--> each hit pushes the enemy backwarts and stops him from attacking - so strike quick.
--> after all you dont even need an enemy if you want to strike :p

2. Parry
by pressing the "s"-button, you are going to parry and won´t take damage from your enemies for a second.
Be aware that the enemies can parry too. Then they won´t take damage and won´t be pushed back, so they will immediatly start a counterattack.
an alternative option to avoid a hit, is the down arrow key: your hero jumpes backwarts and even already started attacks won´t hit you anymore.

3. Special Moves
pushing the h-button twice per second will be boring after some minutes...
but there are moves which make the fight more interesting and they will definitve help you. To activate them, you have to press a special key combination.

-Whirlwind: the hero turns around 360° and hits every enemy around him.
Key combination: *left arrow button + attack (H)*
-Heavy Strike: the hero deals 150% additional damage, but your armor is drastically decreased for the duration of the strike.
Key combination: *attack (H) + up arrow key*
-Stab attack: increased range, damage increased by 50%, you can only hit a single target.
Key combination: *up arrow key + attack (H)*

each move has his own animation.
perhaps more moves are added lateron.

as it is a very agility based figting-style, you don´t have many hitpoints and really have to focus on parry, pushing the enemies back and using your special moves.

as i want to here some feedback about it, i created a hero-defense-map with this system. you can just play it alone but i already creat the requiered triggers for multiplayer

the map:
-->View attachment Snoogans! Survival.w3x

well it´s just a beta, but it´s good playable
screenshots will follow

just give it a try and say what you think about it
especially to the following topics:
-too many enemies?
-not enough variety between the enemies?
-not enough items?
-300 kills are too much?
-and whatever comes to your mind...

have fun ;)

P.S. the trolls won´t attack the obelisk at all, protect it against the goblin-guys with the explosives...

Level 2
@Formula1: well yes, i lost my motivation and stopped working with wc3 editor, it costs too much time and i hadn´t found enough interesting hero-models (they all need the blademaster-animations - that´s rare!)
but now i started again - mostly because i´ve just too much time at the moment :D (school´s over, girlfriend is away --> hanging around at home all the time :p)
and there are some more interessting models here

i propably will start some kind of multiplayer campaign, several different missions.
there is a story in my mind but i should finish this map first ;)

@darkwing:
nice to here that you like it :D
give me whatever suggestions you have ;)
i think after all the stab attack is not yet effective enough, and during such an attack, the bottom is shaking... that will be changed

Level 6
Again i like this! Have you considered a map like Tekken or Mortal combat!?! I am ought to create one like that when i finish my current project. Only problem i see is camera but again making a nice 3D camera in W3 is such a pain(or something else) in the ass. Count on my help if you need some. I am about to post my map this weekend or maybe next when I finish balancing and such so you can judge my programming skill!

Level 2
@darkwing: well i hadn´t thought about sth like tekken, i would prefer to stay in the warcraft world (you don´t need to import so many things - they are all already there ;))

ah nice, tell me when ur map is ready, maybe we can help each other

@zack1996: oue i never clicked page down, but i can imagine, what will happen :S
at first, i give u the hint, NOT to press this button ;)
that´s not enough, isn´t it?:p mhh i´ll see what i can do

Level 6
Sorry I'm late! No you have not understood me. It should be fight platform, with few caracters like bla,bla "good" and "evil", but the point is that the characters have different animations so you can make different type of combos for each it will be awesome. Also you can ad special attack, aka magics so like if you have Firelord as one of fighters he has Firewave(Shockwave but fiery model) So when you press a certain combo of buttons he casts it WHOA! I uploaded my map but it takes time while they check it out. In a few days... Check its called BattleChasers!

Level 2
oh yes that sounds really good - there will be some work behind it, if you want to have many different heroes but i will be fun for sure
i ll look for your map in the next days

Level 6
Yo TUC I just came with AWESOME IDEA but I will tell u when we both be online! When you read this reply notify me when do you want to hear what I have to say!

Till than...!

Hail the Hive!

hawk900, if TUC and I start this project it you can be of great help! But it's up to TUC!
(Donn worre we'll convince him) Bwahahaha : )

Check my map BattleChasers(http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...b38cb3916305cbbd52ebcea42&dateline=1212534531) it's still beta but its good in multi(especialy CTF mode). Read info(F9) before you try anything! (I mean on map)

Please post comments,ideas,critics or such!
If you have any map I would gladly check it out! : )

Hail the Hive! Hail our upcoming PROJECT! BWAHAHAHAH! lol

Level 2
hey my pc is a bit crappy a the moment, so i fear i can´t check out the battlechasers - well, i will rely the vote of hawk900 ;)
here are some map examples which can give us some ideas how landscape can propably be, i like snow and jungle terrain most - but i m open for new ideas;)

the castle map wont fit into the space-marine-setting but just have a look at it, our idea can be also realised in the fantasy-medieval-time

ciao

P.S.: the maps get there full effect when you activate fog and sky

Attachments

• Welcome to the jungle.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • map_Castle.w3x
    214.5 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.