• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unselectable unit with collision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Any chance there is an ability like this? Sort of like a destructible building.
Or make a destructible move like a unit.

EDIT:
How did they do it in castle fight? Make the unit totally useless to the player but still able to click the unit.

Last edited:
Level 19
You know Chaos ability
Take it and Make it change the unit you want to itself (yes a unit to a unit same unit)
Add locust by a trigger than add that chaos abilty (with trigger not object editor)
Btw it will be targetable too so you may wanna give invulnurability

Level 7
Well the way I think they did it in castle fight is: Each spawn unit is classified as a ward (this makes it so owning players do not see the move, spell, attack, etc. icons for the unit) and there's another trigger which is like: unit is ordered unit/point or w/e, checks which team the player is on, then order the unit to move attack to the enemy castle's position (this can be seen if you play the game, if you attempt to order the unit to move somewhere, it will cancel it's attack animation and do another attack - or even easier to spot is when shaman or entangling roots unit cast their spell, there is a delay before they attack again, order them to move so then the unit doesn't have the 1-2 second delay before attacking). Other than that, just a regular unit.

Level 4
You know Chaos ability
Take it and Make it change the unit you want to itself (yes a unit to a unit same unit)
Add locust by a trigger than add that chaos abilty (with trigger not object editor)
Btw it will be targetable too so you may wanna give invulnurability

Doesn't work. Units still doesn't have collision. I applied Aloc then a modified chaos, but the unit still retained the locust ability.

To Beast(TrOg):
Thanks, setting the unit to ward does hide the icons.
I can't stop the unit after a smart command has been issued, well not instantly. I need a wait timer of 0.05 seconds.

Level 19
weird... I'll run a few tests and tell you the results
Hmm... I solved it, You need to use a different unit, I mean Footman to Footman doesnt work but Peasant to Footman works

Anyway all Results:
Unit has shadow, its attackable, its not selectable, enemy units can target it automaticly and you can right click on it to follow it or attack it

Level 4
Confirmed, it's works beautifully. A moving destructible :D

Attached the map for anyone else that wants to use this trick.

[solved]

Attachments

• Unselectableunit test.w3x
    18.1 KB · Views: 470
Status
Not open for further replies.