• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unknown tag " " in Node!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I am making a model on 3dsmax, and I export it to see whether I make mistakes or not. It seems I made one -_-
2017-03-28 13_22_38-Create Thread _ HIVE.jpg

Is this happen because I use Mirror to mirror the bones? I remember that BlinkBoy said its bugged, but that time i was so damn lazy to make another bones so I use Mirror.

optional question: And I already animate it, is there any way to copy the animations to new bones? Just asking, I planned to recreate it anyway

edit: managed to fix it by convert to mdl. But BlinkBoy said that Mirror Bone is bugged for Warcraft. Hmmm..
edit2:
BlinkBoy said:
Now we must make the other Leg. If this wasn't for warcraft, I would teach you about mirror, but mirror messes up 2 tools: Dexporter and Ik2FK converter, thus we can't use it. We must copy our bone chain in order for us to make a new leg.
LOL, so thats what he said, sorry. I guess I am just gonna recreate it anyway

Attachments

• chle1.mdx
    63.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Level 20
Which verision of max are you on? I'm using 2014 and this error happens pretty much no matter what you do.

The only work around I've found is by using the MDL/MDX converter found here on the site, export your MDX, convert to MDL, convert that MDL back to MDX and now it works in the game.

Level 15
@Traggey I am using 2013 and this error only happened once.
Before that I already made model with same steps and its normal. And when I recreate the bones and use IK on that error model, its normal too. So i think its a problem on bones or animation (for my error)
AND I FOUND A FIX. Well that convert and reconvert also works, but this fix is on 3dsmax. Works for me. Because you replied to this thread, i tried to take a look again whats the problem. I checked MaxScript listener and its actually told me a lot of problem lol. But dont mind that.
2017-04-07 19_10_38-ramza26.max - Autodesk 3ds Max  2013 x64.jpg
See that "StartEndKeys /// The next objects don't have start and end keys on the mentioned animations.". It might be the problem. But wait, I already create those keys there! See that blue keys (its scale key), on the end i make one, but on first i didnt make it. SO......
2017-04-07 19_11_04-Greenshot.jpg
LETS SET KEY THERE AND ITS WORK YAY.

Well, after workaround, I test to remove the end keys and its still work. Maybe the problem is on start key. And fun fact, actually in my Dope SHeet, my end Stand animation is on frame 50, while I only made to frame 40, so this is clear that the only problem is on Start Keys. Those fixed my problem.

edit: I actually didnt modify Scale, I just didnt uncheck the "Scale" on key setting, so it just add scale keys each time i click Set Keys. I have no idea how to remove those Scale Keys, maybe it increase file size. Do you know how?

Status
Not open for further replies.