• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mesh broken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok, I got model, I made test animation. Did not use weight table for testing. Did on another version of model where i used mirrored bones also so...

Anyway. I created bones on each side, so no mirroring over here.
I animated him. Basic stand animation. Start and end keys bla bla. Also I checked "Basic Modeling Tutorial" by BlinkBoy I think.
testgsb.png

So my problem is that in magos animation works fine. But in wc3 mesh is just broken. It starts to stretch.

So what's the problem ? When exporting i selected everything. Model is mesh and there is skin modifier also. Does bone names play some kind of role ?

I can make models and animate but seems like wc3 doesnt support almost anything xD. Help :p .

Level 11
Here's the model. I just added fast stand animation.

I use win xp.

Weight talbe ins unset. I already bind vets but on model with mirrored bones... its not so hard :D . Only thing bugs me is that exporting. I'm still improving my animations skills.

Attachments

• model_skin3.max
    560 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 11
could you post the mdl of the exported file?(The one exported by you) I want to compare it and see.

Also if you download the mdl and mdx I left, you'll notice they work perfectly.

Yust exported it after replacing old files and same problem. Seems like endbone on right arm isnt skinned/binded. Check it.

Y, the one yo gave to me works perfectly. Tell me steps, how you exported it actually. Maybe I did something wrong there...

Attachments

• model.mdl
    204.3 KB · Views: 100
hmm I noticed something interesting within your exported version.

The hierarchy of elements is not continous in your max version. For instance, the Bone_Grid has an objectid of 0, when it should have an object id of 26. I think something fucked up the sort algorithm for mdl objects, so it relies in 3dsmax sorting.

The solution is to take magos open the model and resave the model inmediatly.

I'll look further into the problem.

Attachments

• model.mdx
    72.9 KB · Views: 72
Level 11
Only problems with wc3 :D .

EDIT: Ok this is not re-saved model, just exported with neodex, just put IK on, without any constraints. But still grid bone (or root) is kinda bugged...

Dunno where's the problem... I'm having hard time adapting to wc3 animating, so many constraints :D . Tnx to people helping me... :(

Grid, hips, are still broken, seems like grid isnt animating ingame.

BTW what about creating and exporting model as WoW model and then converting it to wc3 model ? Would that work better ? Less problems ?

Attachments

• model.mdl
    206.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.