• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bones animate in but mesh doesn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Title says it all. Why is this happening to me???

i gave the mesh a skin modifier and attatched the bones to it and edited the envelops correctly and so on then animated the whole thing but when i go into the warcraft preview window the bones animate but the mesh doesn't move with the bones! Please help me...

Note: i'm using 3ds max 5 with the WC art tools.

Level 2
!!??!?!?

ok i feel like swearing...

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TIME AND EFFORT I PUT INTO THIS TING?

oh well. not your fault.

by the way, how am i supposed to do it then? (too lazy to find the place in the documentation

Level 25
click on "Select and link" option and click on the mesh than drag it to the bone...

its better for you to read the whole documentation :)

Attachments

• fdgnh.jpg
    fdgnh.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 132
Level 2
Ok thanks a million doc. lol...

so essencially i need to cut my mesh up, connect the parts to bones, then animate it? won't that produce holes in the mesh?

oh and off topic, CnC red alert 3 is gonna be great.

Level 25
there will be holes :D if you don't check the Connected option in User Property Editor
so first select the mesh (all parts attached in one mesh) then check Connected :D
now Mesh is connected you can detach it and link it to the bones :D and animate it
but first test it before final animating :)

Level 2
I imported a horse's mesh to Thrall's model. I removed the wolf, and put the horse in its way, but the horse is not moving. It is not animated. Can some1 please tell me how to make the horse to its animations in war3modeleditor. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.