• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mesh not connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey, today I decided to give WC3 modeling a try, and I started off with a box and it exported fine. So I moved on to something more complex. I made a spider basically. I got all the animations to work once exported but the only problem is that once exported, the mesh is not connected to the bones anymore. I am using 3ds max 4, and have tried connecting it with physique and skin modifiers with no success. I had to use envelopes tho because I don't think max 4 has a weight table option. They are connected in max but not once i export it. I really don't know any other way of doing it, the tutorial I was following said I would have to break up the mesh and attach it to the bones with separate pieces? Does anyone know a link to doing it this way?

Edit, Okay I broke the mesh up into pieces and assigned them each to the specific bone. And now the animation works as long as I don't hide the skeleton. Is there some special way of hiding it?

Edit 2, Okay so I read the wc3 tools program a little more and figured out that I have to use a special add on to assign which is bone and which is mesh. And it seems to have finally hid the bones!

Sweet
muhahahab.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.