• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation,Bones Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am trying to edit and merge two black_stan model and reskin them, the skining is fine, but when I try to merge in 3ds Max 5 it's fine but the animation is broken when I try to export with Warcraft Art Tools and is asked about material for the bones and in the preview plug-in the bone appear - how to hide them. Please help !!!

Attachments

• Textures.rar
    399.1 KB · Views: 58
  • test.max
    630.5 KB · Views: 92
Level 2
I already try it but the 3ds Max 5 crash, so i would like to know how to export model to MDX with animation sequences, a lot of bones with Blizzard War 3 Art Tools. And please help about the broken animation and bone textures.

follow this tutorial: http://hilton.gw.oiccam.com/showthread.php?t=90702

blackstan models have some welded vertices that make blizzimporter crash, so you need to follow the traditional methods.

also about art tools asking you for materials in the bones, it's because you had to assign them the bone field in the user property roll-out, please read Art Tools' documentation.

Level 2
Thanks blink boy, but when I assign that all bones to bone in user property and exported it. When I open in Magos War3 Edit Tools and look at the nodes, all the bones is chanced into helper and I can edit that ex bone_horese_tail when I click that I only found helper don't need information. I want to edit the bone, what must I do know ???:confused:

edited: I still use blizzard exporter in war 3 art tools because all the exporter say fatal errorr about the integer values

nb : I just exported the model ignore the animation, because i want to fix about the bones first

Last edited:
Level 2
Yes I will explain, first as you said I select all the bones nearly 49 and set is with user property to bones. And I exported it with war3 art tools and open it in Magos, but when I look at nodes all the nodes become to helper object a node so I no longer can edit it.
All I need is about how to deal with the bones before exported it and more about animation use dope, maybe I'm very stupid to understanding the tutorial. But I used small part of the tutorial to finished the sharpshooter by myself.

If you need more explain, can you please see the model I attach, to see what I've done. I know it's annoying, but thanks if you can help me.

I used 3ds Max 5 with War3 art tools plugin. I doesn't used any exporter because it not work. Only KMK importer that I used to import the model to 3ds Max 5.

Level 2
anyways post the model's scene and tell me exactly the result that you want(i think this is what I should of ask before).

I already attach that in test.max, that is the last scene, because the other I just trying and get some problem. Can you download the test.max and textures i used (if needed) and then help me to doing something.

n.b What I want is the model animating, and no bones seen. If the nodes canged to helper, how can I edit that nodes in Magos :confused:

Level 2
Yeah maybe that last change for me, I'll do that once again. Hope it will help me.
Thanks BlinkBoy for all, how about to see the test.max to see what I'm missing in merging those models

Level 2
Yeah maybe, it's Kunoichi head that I should reanimate, how to link it with Masamune Date animation, because in all Masamune Date animation the head always animated too, so if I cut the head and add Kunoichi head what must I do. By the way can you see the request I made in request forum it's also contain problem for many model I tried to edit, sorry can post it now because there is a lot of files. You know i made that in only 2 days.
Sorry, i forgot the Geosetmerger didn't work because there is no bones that I can use to merge the model. (There is no bone_head bone that link to Masamune Date head)

Level 2
Hello Blinkboy, I've tried to follow the tutorial, but I need to ask about :
1. You say about "when the Importer imports the model, It needs to convert the FPS from 960 to 300, so it multiplies the keys by 30 and divides them by 96 as a result, we get decimal frames. wc3 preview/exporter, won't read this well, forcing us to fix them". And only the begin and the ended what keys should I fixed it's only the objects or all items in the dopeman.
2. You say about detach, but I can't see any detach tab in my 3ds Max. And then it's black_stan model contains eny meshes, because I could find it instead a lot of geometry. Or maybe the name bone_head is the mesh. or I need to detach every mesh of Masamune Date 1 (because when open your sample I didn't found any bone objects) - maybe this my big mistake
3. How could I animate the new model (Head of Kunoichi and linked it to Masamune Date body in the animation)
4. How do I link the meshes is the mesh link to the bone or inverse
5. After that when I preview only the bones animated not the model
6. Is the detached mesh need to be connected with the same name as before detached
7. How to add notes to object in dope, in masamune date model it already contains four notes

n.b. thanks if you can answer this questions

1rst It's explained later on the tutorial
2nd. you need to go to the model's polygon tab, select the body parts and detach them one by one. (Read Art tool's tutorial, you were suppose to have knowledge on that matter before following the tutorial).
3rd. fiorst you require to finish importing everything. after that go animation by animation and make animate the bones.
4th select the mesh, click link button (the one with 2 chained boxes)=, type "h" (or open the objects list, and select the matching bone, then click link.
5th ofcourse, you had to link the meshes to the bones.
6th the detached mesh must be connected to it's bone-counterpart. if you mean about the connect field i n the user properties, yes it has to be on.
7th I don't understand what you meaned here.

General Answer: Read Art Tools documentation, it looks like if you had never made a model in 3dsmax with art tools.

Level 2
Sorry for troubleling you
But my second question is I tried to open your sample orc_ranged.max and I found that all objects named bone ex: bone_head etc is not a bone because when I selected bone only in object selection nothing appeared in object list, so it's a bone or the detached meshes. Because in Masamune Date model, it has already six geometry and some bones and attachhment too. If the bones name is the detached mesh how about the material ?
I tried to use dopeman by myself, but the first I want to ask, where should I add the notes of animation sequnces in the object roll out or in the very first line, because in Masamune Date model the notes it's in the upper line, not in the object. Thank once again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.