• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Animation messed up on export...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, I'm using 3ds max 7. I have a model fully rigged and animated, and use TCB rotation/positon for the bones.

The animation looks fine in 3ds max, but when I export it and view it in WarcraftViewer the bones start jumping all over the place and a bunch of other weird things start happening with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated =)

Level 1
Is there any difference between using dex in 3ds max and in gmax? cause I've tried both and it seems to run the same in each.

Level 25
The GMax exporter is a bit better than the 3DS Max 7 one

In that I wasn't even aware of a working 3DS Max 7 one around, but there is a sorta working Gmax one around that screws up with the animations or rotation or SOMETHING that I don't remember off the top of my head

Level 1
The GMax exporter is a bit better than the 3DS Max 7 one

Are there 2 different exporters? I thought there was only the dex script, but that it can run in either 3ds max or gmax.

The tutorials I've seen really don't give enough info, I didn't even know I had to use TCB rotation/position until I looked at the tutorial in Blizards's art tools.

So is there something else I'm not aware of that is essential to exporting?

Thanks =)

Level 25
Blizzard's art tools only work for 3DS Max 5. They're the BEST of the exporters, but very limited

The Dex Script works in Gmax and... Well, I never knew it worked in Max 7. But it works in Gmax a bit better to my knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.