• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animating and exporting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Greetings!

I would be very appreciative for receiving any advice with this matter...

I am making a model from scratch - the mesh is completed, bones are in place, Warcraft 3 textures applied; what remains is animating it, and finding a way to export it from 3ds max to Warcraft 3. Prior to getting to work on the animations, I tested NIntoxicated's import/export plug-in for Max, and was unable to successfully export the model due to an error: 'Unable to convert, invalid skin count:skin' (or something along those lines).

Anyone have a suggestion for exporting a 3ds max file to warcraft, perhaps by simply converting .max into .mdx?

My other issue is that I have been unable to find a very good tutorial regarding how to model. I've browsed several on the hive, but my stubborn brain has refused to accept the information supplied. Any links to additional tutorials are more than welcome!

Also, I'm somewhat confused about bone chains - are linked bones the same thing?

+ rep !! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.