• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animating in Blender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
After following Fingolfin's guide which includes a link to an MDL exporter for Blender, I only have one problem: exporting a model with animations quite frankly doesn't work.

Is there a way to properly animate in Blender for Warcraft III models? If not, what are my alternatives? Can I import a bone rigged character into another program to animate in? I tried importing into 3DS Max, but the bone rig doesn't import with it.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Level 6
I think it'll be easier to just show you a file made in Blender, and is successfully exported with the MDL-exporter, with its animations.
Open in Blender 2.8, because since 2.82 the Mapping node (used for scrolling textures) is not exported with the pluggin.

Attachments

• HellMask_28.blend
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.