• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling with blender ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well i cant afford 3d max but i have a free VERY useful modeler called blender.

ive made a sword model and want to know how to get in game and if anything other than just a model is needed for weapon how to do that like does a weapon need a animation were it justs sits or what?

and if i was doing animated models for units how do i need to make the animation and export it ? *bones ?*

Blender is only thing i can afford at moment dang money and economy going downhill and outragious cost of modeling program ......

*also* is there a certain format i should export with and then convert or sumthing.

Basically how would i use the models and stuff i make and put it in wc3 ?

Level 1
So, got anywhere with this yet mercc? I've also used Blender in the past and this thread sparked my interest...
I think I'll download that script and give it a go, see if I can't get something out of this :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.