• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

UnitMakeAbilityPermanent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Yeah, you only need to use it once per unit. But as I do no possess the gift of clairvoyance preventing me from knowing the ins and outs of your spell, I gave you a general solution.

Notice that preplaced units in maps the already have the ability also need to be accounted for.

Level 19
You don't have to. Mappers will do that, if required.
However for temporary abilities added by your spell i.e
+Damage, armor, stats, ... or abilities added permanent by
a system i.e UnitIndexers defend, BonusMod bonus, ....
UnitMakeAbilityPermanent is important, so these systems
don't break when using i.e. Metamorphosis.

Level 23
You don't have to. Mappers will do that, if required.
However for temporary abilities added by your spell i.e
+Damage, armor, stats, ... or abilities added permanent by
a system i.e UnitIndexers defend, BonusMod bonus, ....
UnitMakeAbilityPermanent is important, so these systems
don't break when using i.e. Metamorphosis.

Ahh I get it now.

Level 12
Abilities defined in the Object Editor are not removed on morphs.
Abilities defined in object editor are removed by morphs if the new form doesn't have that ability.
Only abilities under the "Abilities - Hero" field are unchangeably set to permanent and therefore always remain when transforming, normal abilities however are lost if not set to permanent or if the new unit does not have them.

Level 21
Note that the process seems to work by readding abilities. I assume this because of a bug with spellbooks - when morphing to a unit that has the same spellbook, it gets emptied. This bug is prevented by making the alternate unit have a copy of the spellbook. Even if there are no differences between the spellbooks, it being a copy makes sure the system readds it and thus all spells within it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.