• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UnitDamageTarget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Well, a very simple question.

Does UnitDamageTarget interfere with the damaging unit's orders?
I mean, I usually create a dummy to damage the target, however I noticed other people damage the target using the triggering unit.

So is there any chance that if the damaging unit is the triggering unit himself, some interference or bug might occur?

Level 5
as bovine said, its even useful to use triggering unit in these cases, to get the actual killer of a unit or the damage source for assisting. also if your dummy would be (actually stupid, but nevertheless) on the other side of the map and damage the target, the message that the unit is under attack would pop up because the damage source is coming from far away
actually the sound of attacking always appears at the unit being attacked, when your screen is too far away. has nothing to do with the damage source, excuse me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.