1. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

UnitDamageTarget

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Deuterium, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Deuterium

Deuterium

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, a very simple question.

Does UnitDamageTarget interfere with the damaging unit's orders?
    I mean, I usually create a dummy to damage the target, however I noticed other people damage the target using the triggering unit.

So is there any chance that if the damaging unit is the triggering unit himself, some interference or bug might occur?

2. Angry_Bovine

Angry_Bovine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nope, it doesn't interfere. It's entirely separate, so it's fine to just use the triggering unit. This is also important in the situation where it matters what unit got the killing blow.

3. bReathl3sS

bReathl3sS

Resources:
    Resources:
    as bovine said, its even useful to use triggering unit in these cases, to get the actual killer of a unit or the damage source for assisting. also if your dummy would be (actually stupid, but nevertheless) on the other side of the map and damage the target, the message that the unit is under attack would pop up because the damage source is coming from far away
    actually the sound of attacking always appears at the unit being attacked, when your screen is too far away. has nothing to do with the damage source, excuse me.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009