• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] unit in range problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
ok ill try to i have
the event set to detect unit in range of unit1
the condition is set to if boolean true
the action is set to kill triggering unit
but if a unit enters the area and the boolean is false (works fine) what doesnt work is when it changes from false to true and the unit is already in the range it doesnt kill him unless i take him out of the range then back in

u know wat i mean ?

Level 18
ok ill try to i have
the event set to detect unit in range of unit1
the condition is set to if boolean true
the action is set to kill triggering unit
but if a unit enters the area and the boolean is false (works fine) what doesnt work is when it changes from false to true and the unit is already in the range it doesnt kill him unless i take him out of the range then back in

u know wat i mean ?

May I see your trigger or map? I will be able to help better if I understand your problem better..

Level 29
its just units in range my map has traps i guess u could say when ur in the trap u die but i needed to give ppl a warning so they could get out i use a boolean variable true means trap is active false means trap is seen by players when it switches from false to true and a unit is in range it doesnt do anything until the unit wlks out of range then back into range then it gets killed

Level 9
Unit enters range is even that fires only once and will not fire again at least the triggering unit don't leave the detection range and reenter again.

Solutions:
Use Wait or create timer when a unit enters within range of the unit. Then start the timer and when the timer expire start another trigger that check if there are units within range of the unit and kills them. Note that the trigger that activate the time should be turned off or the timer will restart, then use wait and turn it on.

Level 16
I guess someone asked for similar thing like that, I will search my old topics and post the link here perhaps it could help you.

<<< EDIT >>>

Click here

The post may be unrelated to your request but you could get the idea of the triggers

Anyway, if you still having problem making it; I will try to make a custom made trigger for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.