• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Range Messed Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am making a tower defense and i am trying to make the range of units increase as they upgrade. I change the field value in the unit editor "range" but the unit ingame still has 700 range. I'm not sure what i'm doing. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You are not increasing their aqusition range past 700.
The range of a unit type is determined by the min(aqusition range, attack range).

Also do note that changing aquisition range via triggers is not subject to this rule and as such it is possible to have a unit with initially 1000 range and aqusition range to have an aquisition range of 0 with triggers but still have 1000 range (triggers do not affect range).

Thus I advise increasing aquisition range with the range of the towers to fix this problem. Avoid excessive aquisition ranges due to the extra target aquisition load it causes (more units to choose from).

Status
Not open for further replies.