• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Buff Not Dissapearing When Unit leaves AOE range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
The buff I made seems to still show up in the status of the unit even when the unit leaves the AOE range of the spell after being affected by it, and it seems to only dissapear when the unit is killed. How do I remove the buff when the unit exits the range of the spell? Shouldn't it do this automatically when the unit leaves the AOE range?

Level 8
No it's not triggered, and sometimes it seems to disappear as soon as the dummy unit is killed, or seconds afterwards. When I pair any buff with this spell, the same thing happens.

So I'm wondering if I have to make some sort of trigger, or if it's something with the spell?

Level 8
Here is the Buff:

Here is the Spell:

I have an immolation spell that I have as one of the unit's abilities and I wanted it to show up as a buff. But since immolation doesn't have a buff appear on enemy units I used the Slow Aura Tornado Spell and Buff and edited them. The immolation spell has the same AOE as the Slow Aura Tornado Spell.

Here is the immolation spell:

Level 18
Yes, that should work. Lots of the fields in the Object Editor take 0.00 as infinity but using 0.01 seems to be equally as instantaneous. When using 0.01 for certain buff durations (such as Acid Bomb) you don't even see the buff appear on the target unit.

In area of effect auras the "duration" field typically applies to the duration that the buff will last once the unit has exited the radius of the spell/aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.