• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help-Multiple AOE Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to know how to create a few spells:
AOE Shadowstrike:
shadowstrikes target unit for 50+25/lvl dmg plus 1 dmg/.25s for 15 seconds, and damages all units within 400 aoe of target unit for 1/.25s

AOE Lifesteal:
lifesteal, but drains hp from ALL units (including allies) within range of target (non-breakable)

AOE (chain) doomcoil/holylight:
Instead of aoe like other spells i want these to bounce like chain lightning, but i also need them to do full dmg to undead and 1/2 to human and vice versa.

AOE Combination firebolt/clusterrockets:
I need a firebolt to go to target unit and a cluster rocket type spell to come out from the point of the target unit (cluster rockets with a fireball missile instead )

AOE Bloodlust/Innerfire:
All units within a certain range of target unit get buffed.

Multi-mirror image:
This 1 may be harder...
I want a unit to cast mirror image, and then the mirror images cast mirror image immediately after.

Level 3
SpanEtherX09 said:
I want to know how to create a few spells:
AOE Shadowstrike:
shadowstrikes target unit for 50+25/lvl dmg plus 1 dmg/.25s for 15 seconds, and damages all units within 400 aoe of target unit for 1/.25s
To start these all require trigger enhancement, See Daelins tutorial for the basics.
Now make a dummy spell, and then make shadowstrike with the stats you want. Using a trigger create a dummy unit at the location of every unit within the spells radius. Add a 1.5 second generic expiration timer to the dummy unit, and add the shadow strike (also use if AOE Shadowstrike level is > 1, level up the ability, if it is greater then > 2, level up again , etc.), then order the dummy unit to cast Warden Shadow strike on Picked unit. Oh almost forgot make sure there is a condition on the pick that checks if it is an enemy unit.
AOE Lifesteal:
lifesteal, but drains hp from ALL units (including allies) within range of target (non-breakable)
for this, same as above, just change the timer to the duration of your lifesteal, and remove the pick condition.

AOE (chain) doomcoil/holylight:
Instead of aoe like other spells i want these to bounce like chain lightning, but i also need them to do full dmg to undead and 1/2 to human and vice versa.
use chain lightning as a dummy with only the number of targets, Use triggers to detect whoever is hit by this spell, and then make a dummy unit with a 1.5 second timer who casts death coil/holylight
AOE Combination firebolt/clusterrockets:
I need a firebolt to go to target unit and a cluster rocket type spell to come out from the point of the target unit (cluster rockets with a fireball missile instead )
Okay so what your saying is a firebolt hits x, and then a clusterrocket happens around them? Use firebolt as a dummy spell, when it hits, create dummy unit with a duration of how long the cluster rockets should last, and then add cluster rockets and make it cast it.
AOE Bloodlust/Innerfire:
All units within a certain range of target unit get buffed.
if you understood shadow strike this should be easy.
Multi-mirror image:
This 1 may be harder...
I want a unit to cast mirror image, and then the mirror images cast mirror image immediately after.
I don't see the point in this, you should instead just use mirror image with more guys. I guess you could add mirror image to the mirror images by detecting a buff on them, and then making them cast it.

Level 6
Multi-mirror image:
This 1 may be harder...

I'm not sure WHY you want the images to cast mirror image, but you do realize that since the mirror images and not the real unit are casting mirror image, it would be VERY easy to figure out the real one...

Level 2
Ok i got everything but hte mirror image 1 working

For mirror image i want the unit to create 2 images then those images (and the casting hero) all cast mirror image. The # of bonus mirror images increases with level.

Also i wanted to create a mirror image % attack
heres what i have so far
dummy spell=crit strike btw

event-generic unit event-a unit attacks a unit

conditions-unit of type (illusionist)
-level of ability (mirror attack) <= 1
-random integer from 1-100 < 70
Actions-order unit (triggering unit to (orc (mirrorimage))

Status
Not open for further replies.