• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Unit being paused during a custom spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey there =)
I'm working on my project, and I've used a custom made spell which fit my char perfectly. However, I'm starting to run into the issue of where the spell somewhere pauses the casting unit, and it keeps the pause for almost a second after the spell is finished casting (it's a dash type of spell, unit is paused during the dash and briefly afterwards). It really ruins the character's otherwise fluid gameplay.

Tl;dr - Is it possible to remove the pause without severe consequences?
Spell used - Punitive Surge 1.02

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I don't see any Pausing in that code. The ability must be based on Channel with "Disable Other Abilities" set to True and a "Follow Through Time" > 0. Disable Other Abilities acts as a Pause and Follow Through Time is how long it will last.

I would remove the Pause from the ability (Set Follow Through Time to 0.00 and Disable = False) and instead use this function when the unit Starts the effect of the ability:
vJASS:
call BlzPauseUnitEx(yourUnit, true);
You can then set BlzPauseUnitEx() to false when the dash is finished.

This function is only available on patch 1.32+ (possibly 1.31).

You could use a Dummy unit to Stun the Hero instead if you're on an older version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.