• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] How to make a unit stop sliding after reaching point where ability was casted(hard)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
a unit casts dash then slides to that area, once the unit reaches that area it keeps trying to slide but stays there. the unit cant move either unless the dash effect trigger if off. I know how to turn it off but my problem is that you can cast dash farther or closer and i just cant put "wait (whatever) seconds". thx in advance.
Dash:events/Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

condition/(Ability being cast) Equal to Dash

Action/Set Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Casting unit)

Set Point[(Player number of (Owner of Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]))] = (Target point of ability being cast)

Trigger - Turn on Dash Effect <gen>

Dash Effect(not initially on)/Events/Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time

Condition/none

Action/Unit - Move Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] instantly to ((Position of Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) offset by 5.00 towards (Angle from (Position of Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) to Point[(Player number of (Owner of Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]

Variables used for these triggers: Point is Point Array 12
Caster is Unit Array 12

TYVM!! GAHH!!

Level 4
max distance? doesn't that mean all the dash will be the same distance? the ability cast range is 1000 and players will cast its between 1-1000 im confused, can you explain more

Level 4
omfg thx it works, but i have 1 question. if i increase the casting range of dash in object editor will it effect my trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.