• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unique healing abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Heal Field - Heals all units in a particular area depending on on the following formula

x = number of units in the area

Hp healed by each unit = [(total hp of unit 1 + total hp of unit 2 + total hp of unit 3 +....total hp of unit x)*0.33]/x

Level 5
Omniheal (Ultimate) - Takes all of the caster's mana but fully heals the caster and all surrounding non-mechanical friendly units/allies

Absorb - Damages an enemy unit for x damage while restoring .5x hp to the caster

Trance - Lowers a unit's attack damage by 25% but enhances the units healing by 50%.

Level 11
Just check out the roar ability in the editor man, you can modify it into basically your "trance" ability, it will reduce the casters attack while enhancing the caster's hp regeneration rate.

Level 5
o i see, thank a lot

Here are some more abilities

Vampiric heart - Allows the unit to heal itself by 25%/33%/45% of its attack for a short duration

???? - Depletes all the mana of all friendly units in the area but fully heals all those unis

???? - An ability similar to divine shield but also heals the caster, however costs all the casters mana

Divine Blessing - (can only be done once) Heals a unit and grants it resistant skin.

Last edited:
Level 9
Roar does not enhance hp regeneration by percentage, if you put in .5 into the mana regeneration field it will add .5 mana regeneration per second; its a flat bonus

Reactions: Rem
Level 20
Well, some random ideas of the top of my head:

---

BLOOD HEALS

Blood Sacrifice - Sacrifices the remaining vital energy of a friendly unit, reducing its health to 1. After 5 seconds the unit is healed for 250% of the amount sacrificed.

Tainted Blood - Infuses a friendly unit with corrupted blood, restoring its health to 100%. After 3 seconds, the unit takes damage equal to 200% of the amount healed over 2 seconds. This effect cannot kill the unit.

Blood Pact - Heals the targeted friendly unit for 200 hit points. After 10 seconds, the unit dies and a Blood Larva emerges from its corpse with health equal to 500% of the damage taken by the targeted unit since it was healed.

---

HOLY HEALS

Healing Bond - Marks the targeted unit with a holy sigil for 10 seconds. Whenever the caster heals another unit, the effect is duplicated on the marked target.

Light's Wrath - Restores the Hero to full health and fires a Holy Bolt for 50 damage at a random nearby enemy unit for every 50 hit points restored.

Blessing of Serenity - Restores 50 hit points per second to a friendly unit until it is healed to 100%. While the effect is active, the unit cannot attack.

---

NATURE HEALS

Guardian Spirit - Summons an immobile Forest Sprite with 200 hit points at the targeted location. After 8 seconds, the Sprite will channel its vital force into nearby allies healing them for a total of 300% of its remaining life.

Elune's Blessing - Restores 50 hit points to the targeted friendly unit. If it's night time, the unit will be affected by Moonlight, allowing it to restore 1 additional hit point per second until dawn.

Nurture - Nurtures the friendly unit, restoring increasing amounts of health every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. The healing amount starts at 6 Hit Points and is doubled with each tick. (heals for 6 + 12 + 24 + 48 + 96 = 186/10 seconds).

---

ELEMENTAL HEALS

Droplets of Life - Summons 5 Water Droplets at the location of 5 nearby random friendly units that last for 5 seconds. If the droplet is picked up by a Hero, all nearby friendly units are healed for 20 hit points.

Mending Vortex - Summons a vortex of healing waters. Units within X range from the vortex's centre are healed by 100, units within Y range for 60 and units within Z range for 30 hit points.

Healing Rain - Summons a small area of rain at the location of the targeted unit for 20 seconds. Any unit standing within the rain area will be healed for 10 hit points per second.

---

OTHER HEALS

Siren's Song - stuns all nearby units for 5 seconds. While under the effect, enemy units will take 20 damage per second, while friendly units will be healed for 20 hit points per second.

Level 8
Synaptic Stimulation: dispells a stun on the a target, if a stun debuff was dispelled this way then the target is also healed by A*((X*Y)/Z), where X is the current level of glutamate in the cerebral cortex of the target, and Y refers to GABA levels. Z is 0 and A is 100.
Either that or just 100.

Level 2
Bitter Pill: creates a magical orb at the front of the caster that drains health from the target unit (enemy, friendly or even the caster) for a brief time. Spell doesn't require to be sustained so caster may move freely and mind they own business during that time. After the duration of the draining (or when target dies or when it leaves the spell range) the orb becomes an item that can be collected by a hero and used for healing (not sure should it be instant use like Rune of Healing or an item that you can put to inventory). Amount of healing based on how long the draining lasted.

Ancestor's Touch: creates a non-targetable spirit at the position of the caster that starts moving towards the target unit with movement speed of the caster. When it reaches and touches the target, target is healed. Amount of healing based on the range spirit walked. So target unit can choose to move to the spirit to get healing faster or run from it to get delayed but larger healing.

To be honest, I clearly understand that those ideas are kinda clunky gameplay-wise, and more simplistic/direct/blunt ways of healing would be more convenient in an actual game. But threadstarter asked for unique, not for perfectly working healing spells, so here they are. ;)

Level 9
Okay, couple of heals I've made for the RPG I'm making:

Spirit Dust - creates an invulnerable untargetable cloud of healing dust, which slowly moves in target direction, healing allies it passes through.

Angel's Wings - heals all allies in a cone behind the caster.

next one is two-part

Conviction - lasts until cancelled or until the Cleric runs out of mana; Drains X mana per second and stores it as a resource to be used by next spell cast. This fuels most of Cleric's spells.
Healing Hand - heals target for [X+all mana currently stored by Conviction] health.

Level 28
Vitality Leech: Targets an enemy. Whenever the target is healed or receives a healing buff, the same amount is healed/buff is applied to the caster.

Avenge... Me... : Targets a chain of allied units. Whenever a unit in the chain dies, all other units in the chain are healed by [dead unit's total HP] / [number of remaining units] and get a stacking damage buff. When the effect ends or is dispelled and one or more units have died, the remaining chained units suffer attack and movement penalties proportional to the number of dead units.

Ki Redirection: Target unit regains 50% total HP but loses 50% attack damage.

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Omni-Heal - Fully heals a unit over 30 seconds and makes the healing unit invulnerable as well.

Level 12
Healing point - Basically a rune the restores a certain amount of hp but disappears for a certain amount of time once it's used

Spontaneous Serenity - Randomly heals all the units in an area, similar to the hero ability

Sacred wind - Causes all unit in the area to slowly recover hp over time as well as have their armor boosted by 3 points

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Rays of sunshine - A healing spell which restores Hit Points based on the time of day

so you have wc3 time dawn at 6 and night at 18

this ability would not heal any hp if used during night

heals 50 hp at 6
heals 75 hp at 7
heals 100 hp at 8
heals 125 hp at 9
heals 150 hp at 10
heals 175 hp at 11
heals 200 hp at 12

heals 175 hp at 13
heals 150 hp at 14
heals 125 hp at 15
heals 100 hp at 16
heals 75 hp at 17
doesnt heal anything if the time is below 6 or if the time is 18 or more

Level 9
How about a super healing wave?

Bounces up to 10 times, with a huge range of 2000 and heals 200 hp with each jump

Level 6
What about an ability that heals the target for 350 health and all friendly units within 500 or so range of it by 100

Call it something like "divine blessing" or "gift of light"

Level 9
@DingoT

Interesting

Very good ability; youll probably have to use a dummy ability and a trigger to set it up, like "Holy Light" as the dummy ability, and then use a trigger to restore 100 hp to each unit around it

Level 6
Yeah.. I guess that's one way to make it work, I was actually thinking about making a large amount of changes to frost nova to make it have a similar effect

Level 11
Yeah.. I guess that's one way to make it work, I was actually thinking about making a large amount of changes to frost nova to make it have a similar effect

That WOULD be a good idea, except because frost nova is an offensive spell it would not be able to target any friendly unit which is spell immune like spell breakers, or anything else with the spell immunity ability
I have tried doing something similar in the past and found this out the hard way

But the idea of healing a single unit for a large amount of hp while also healing all friendly units around it for a small amount is itself really good, regardless of the way it's implemented

Level 6
I was not aware of this, thanks for letting me know.

Can u plz tell me if there is a way around this??

Level 28
Sticky Ward (Active): Targets a unit. Target unit temporarily emits a healing aura that affects only the caster's allies (whether it targets an ally or enemy).

Ritual Of Restoration (Channeling, drains mana): While active, heals allied units near the caster at a rate proportional to the mana being drained (ex. 3 HP for every 1 mana).

Rem

Rem

Level 7
its a thread like any other, come up with new healing concepts and have fun, there are millions of ideas

also there are also new things to be added.

for instance i just came up with this:

An ability that deals x damage to all units in an area, the total damage is calculated and the caster and all friendly units are healed each by (total damage to the enemy)/(number of friends units that are healed)

Level 9
A hero ability that restores a percentage of a unit's health depending on the level.

Level 1 - 10%
Level 2 - 20%
Level 3 - 30%

An ability that reduces an enemy units current mana by 50% and restores the caster's hp by the amount of mana taken from the enemy.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
If the thread gets too large it might get difficult to keep track of which ideas have been already posted and which not
You can gather all ideas into the first post of the thread to make it more manageable, but that's completely up to you

An ability that deals x damage to all units in an area, the total damage is calculated and the caster and all friendly units are healed each by (total damage to the enemy)/(number of friends units that are healed)
One of my undead heroes has an ability that functions similarly :D (it's a bit complicated though)

Necrotic Vortex:
For the next few seconds, steal minor amount of health from all surrounding enemies every second. Stolen lifeforce is then distributed evenly amongst all nearby allies. An ally can't be healed for more than 4% of their maximal health. All affected units, enemies and allies alike, turn into Zombies upon death. Zombies will fight by the caster's side and will last for an average duration.

Level 11
I noticed that the majority (I do not read everything) remains in the simple of the branches of light or nature. We go with some dark spells and difficult to use (I almost consider them my specialty when it comes to imagining them)
Macabre food: begins to tear pieces of meat to a unit in a minimum range of 50 (if there is none, it starts them to itself), for 5 seconds, causing 20 damage per second. When finished, create three consumable items (piece of meat), which when used heal 50 life each. If after 2 seconds of appearance the items are not consumed, they disappear. I recommend it with a ghoul or something like that.
Transformation macabre: Another of hero, preferably (although it works in units) Activable ability immolation style. It heals itself 100 points of impact per second, but subtracts 50 + 25 * seconds of mana per second (it would be 75/100/125/150, etc.) If the unit runs out of mana, its life points will be automatically reduce to 1.
Dark frenzy: Ultimate. Enter a temporary state in which each murder (yes, including allies, I love doing that) gives life equal to 30 * unit level killed (one level 10 gives 300 life)
That's all for now, but after I will bring more
Edit:
Survival orb. Summons an orb of poor health (200?) That heals a tenth of his current health every 0.5 sec. to any nearby allied unit.
Nameless: Counter spell of the known "black hole". It attracts allied units to the center of their area, curing more and more allied units depending on their position.
Dark union: Link the soul of the launcher with that of the target (ally or enemy, it can be useful to an enemy).
Cause 10 damage per second for 10 seconds to each unit, and at the end he heals both 350 life points. If one of the two units dies, the other will also die, and both will explode causing 100 damage to nearby, allied or enemy.
Rain of purity: In the selected area falls projectiles of sacred energy from the sky, in the form of 6 waves of 3 projectiles each. Each projectile heals 25 health points to the impacted units, and grants a buff that heals 5 health points for 3 seconds. The final result of this skill would be an antagonistic of rain of fire.
In a future, more...

Last edited:
Level 9
A spell that requires a unit to channel, while the unit is channeling its allies within 500 range of it are healed by 5hp per second and gain 5 bonus armor. Youll need to use triggers to set this up.

Level 4
Rebirth Flame - summons a phoenix that resurrects up to 3 units and that heals all the players units and allies by a set amount

Healing winds - heals all friendly units in an area and additionally removes all negative buffs from them

Soul Blaze - deals a set amount of damage to a unit with mana (use soul burn as the standard ability for this) and returns a percentage of the damage dealt to the caster

Last edited:
Essence of the Einherjar - Disarms the caster, reducing damage received to 35% from all sources. Any damage dealt to any unit within 500 range of the caster will receive 65% of the damage. The remaining 35% of damage dealt to the same unit will damage the caster for 125% the total amount (applies separate damage reduction) and will heal all allies except the receiving unit and the caster within 500 range of the caster. Lasts 5 seconds.

Healing Pouch - Regenerates 2% of the unit's missing life while in possession. Casting the abiltiy will remove the ability from the unit, but will heal 150 hit points to the target, granting the same ability to the target.

Psychosomatic Induction - Heals a targeted organic enemy unit, marking it as a sleeper agent, and granting permanent bonus 50% damage and 40% attack speed. When activated, the target implodes, spawning a Walrider in your control if you don't have one already. Only one target can be a sleeper agent at a time. When a Walrider is already in your control, and another organic enemy unit has been marked and activated, the Walrider will possess the enemy unit, ripping it to shreds, gaining 35% of the unit's armor and 15% of the unit's attack damage. Killing the marked unit with the Walrider without activation will not grant the bonus.

Seed Matrix - Heals a target unit for a random percentage of their hit points over 1-50 seconds. (Random percentage can be negative, but will not go below the current percentage of the unit's hit points)

Chilling Flame - Inflicts an allied target with a blazing fire that chills the unit down to its' core, drastically increasing the unit's hit point regeneration (grants a flat 35 hp regen per second to units with no hp regen to negative hp regen), but also slows down the unit by 75%, reduces attack speed by 80%, and increases armor by 2. Can be spread to both allies and enemies in close contact. Lasts 15 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 7
Mark of Life - Not really a healing ability in the traditional sense, but essentially a spell that raises any unit which gets killed after the spell is cast upon it. You use a trigger that adds a resurrection ability to the unit and when the unit is killed and raised another trigger removes the ability from the said unit.

Level 7
Cura - Heals a unit by 33% of its depleted hp, ex. if a unit has 2000hp total and it currently has 1000hp left it will get healed by (1000-2000)*.33 =333hp

Healing Ray - Same as healing wave, except instead of reducing the amount subsequent units are healed by it instead increases them, so unit 1 regains 100hp, unit 2 regains 125hp and unit 3 regains 156hp and so forth, each subsequent jump heals 25% more hp

Purifying light - Fully heals all units in an area and dispels any negative buff they might have

Level 7
Had this idea just now. Don't have a fancy name to call it but it requires triggers to work, here goes:

When it targets 1 unit it takes 1/5 of his current hp, but if the unit has other hostile units around it it does the same to them, all the hp gets transferred to the caster.

Mega drain, or life leech or something along those lines would make a good name for it, but I firmly believe the concept is very doable for someone with decent k knowledge of triggers.

Level 7
@Rem I cant promise you anything because I'm not quite a master at the editor, but I'll try to create a simple version of my spell idea

Status
Not open for further replies.