• πŸ† Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. πŸ”—Click here to enter!
  • πŸ† Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! πŸ“… Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! πŸ”— Click here to enter!

Unformatted text tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
You know, when you type something like this:

JASS:
something     something
   something som   e other  thing

It will actually appear all with 1 space only, like clasic html(with the added new lines).

Example:

something something
something som e other thing

Wouldnt a tag that basically simulates, or actually does <pre>-like formatting? So basically when you have tab, it will actually render a tab instead of single white space.

Suggested tag: [unform] maybe? I dont know, I am not really good when it comes to creating names from nothing.

I dont know how flexible is BBcode implementing, but possible implementation would be wrapping the input text in <pre class="somename"> and in some .css having something like
JASS:
pre.somename{
    font-family: inherit;
}

pre.somename code{
    font-family: inherit;
}
(code just in case).

Yes, I could just use
or blocks, but I have file that I would potentially like to place on hive, and the file is roughly 4200 lines long, so parsing such file would take some time(to properly indent it), because it is wrote in notepad++ with extensive use of tabs.

Yes I could actually use Jass or code block, or even highlight block, but all of these have side effects. thinks in code block are hardly readable, Jass block creates additional background color as well as border and both Jass and highlight blocks potentially color the input which for textual file is not really the most desirable efect.​

Last edited:
Level 23
If I understood you correctly, then yea.

Basically my file was made in notepad++, and so I used a lot of tabs mainly(like when you code, but it is in structure of 1. 2. 3. 3.1 3.2 etc), and if I just paste it into pastebin everything appears on the left, because the tabs are omitted, like in pure html.

And also as I said, I could use the or [indent][/indent] but doing for 4300 lines of text would be quite the pain :D

Level 23
Code:
			Operator == can accept any implicitly convertible types, and can also accept any mix of integers and reals.
			Operators <=, != and >= can not accept implicitly convertible types(unless overloaded), but can accept any mix of integers and reals
			Operators 5, 6, 7 and 8 only accept boolean values(unless overloaded).

Its too narrow, and I find it a little bit harder to read than normal text. But this is not really necessary just because me, I can after all place the file on some free-hosted website, not that big of a deal.

The text is so tabbed because it is in 1.11.2, so 3 tabs required

Level 23
well afaik characters are already escaped(<> has no problem), so I dont think that is much problem. And yea your suggestion is the closest so far, but eh imagine having 4 or 5 tabs replaced with 20 _ :D

____________________text

but I have just abused local provider of free domains(3rd grade domain or how is it called in english) and will move my file there.

Level 29
well afaik characters are already escaped(<> has no problem), so I dont think that is much problem. And yea your suggestion is the closest so far, but eh imagine having 4 or 5 tabs replaced with 20 _ :D

____________________text

but I have just abused local provider of free domains(3rd grade domain or how is it called in english) and will move my file there.

Uh...those are not underlines, those are unicode s     p     a     c     e     s with a link.

Level 23
Uh...those are not underlines, those are unicode s     p     a     c     e     s with a link.

oh wow, didnt notice that(thought its underscore, because links are automatically underscored). But the webpage is like half done at this point, so eh

Status
Not open for further replies.