• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undead Buildings

I have reskinned all the Undead buildings to look more ramshackle and rotten, handmade and rustic, like the remnants of a cursed township.

As with my other skins, I have utilized copied and pasted images from external sources, mostly photographs I found on google images of rotten wood and rusted metal for this project. Filters are also used. Many textures in this series share components. This is my artistic method. You are free to distribute and use these skins as you wish. Unlike my other skins, I would rather these not be edited, but if you wish to do so, that is your choice, and I have no control over it. I can only ask. Credit is appreciated but not required.

EDIT: Now with icons! Had a stroke of inspiration just after posting the skins.

IMPORTANT NOTE: For some reason, the Necropolis skin doesn't seem to work on the Necropolis in the base game, so the one you see in the screenshots is on Ujimasa Hojo's optimized Necropolis, which it seems to work fine on. Same with the Haunted Gold Mine. I'm not sure why, but link to his optimized Necropolis is here, and his Optimized Gold Mine is here. I recommend downloading and using them if you plan on using these skins.

EDIT 2: I fixed an error in the Slaughterhouse skin that made a small line appear under the hooks. I don't think I noticed it until now because the map I made this for is very dark, and I didn't import the skin into a brighter map until today. A few pixels make a big difference!
Contents

Haunted Gold Mine Icon (Icon)

Necropolis Icon (Icon)

Black Citadel Icon (Icon)

Halls of the Dead Icon (Icon)

Necropolis/Halls of the Dead/Black Citadel (Texture)

Altar of Darkness Icon (Icon)

Altar of Darkness (Texture)

Crypt (Texture)

Crypt Icon (Icon)

Graveyard (Texture)

Graveyard Icon (Icon)

Slaughterhouse (Texture)

Slaughterhouse Icon (Icon)

Temple of the Damned (Texture)

Temple of the Damned Icon (Icon)

Sacrificial Pit (Texture)

Sacrificial Pit Icon (Icon)

Boneyard (Texture)

Boneyard Icon (Icon)

Tomb of Relics (Texture)

Tomb of Relics Icon (Icon)

Ziggurat/Nerubian Tower/Spirit Tower (Texture)

Ziggurat Icon (Icon)

Spirit Tower Icon (Icon)

Nerubian Tower Icon (Icon)

Reviews
Archian
Approved. Thanks for providing an in-game screenshot. These will be a great alternative to the undead buildings.
Level 8
Hello-ha.
Sounds like somebody's surpassing Blizzard's boring undead building skins. Well done!
High praise, thank you! I don't personally find Blizzard's undead skins boring, they just weren't didn't fit the map I'm working on and couldn't find any skins on here filling that niche, so I decided to embark on this project. I've always loved really filthy down to earth aesthetics.

Level 8
Hello, although you have worked very hard, these are not suitable for the undead. They don't look evil enough to have that horrible look. Among these skins, the only thing of interest is the burial ground, which gives people a feeling of primitive living fossil.
They are suitable for my interpretation of the Undead, which seems to be different from yours. I wasn't trying to make them look evil. What would evil look like to you?

Level 8
Hi!
Love these great textures. I also prefer the create maps with the undeads acting like a cult in the rising. These textures of the buildings fit better into that narrative. :)
Thank you! I’m very glad to hear that they could be helpful to you. I also enjoy the cult aspect of the undead and had it in mind when making these.

Level 8
Breath of fresh air, something the undead desperately require.

I think the crypt, temple and slaughterhouse could use a tad more detail, they look a little too close to default.
Thanks! And yeah, I can see what you mean. Tbh I wasn't trying to reinvent all of them, and I remember thinking that those three already looked pretty close to the theme I was going for, I just had to add more wood, rot, blood, rust and in the case of the Temple, occult-looking detail.

TTT

TTT

Level 3
wow~~ these colors and textures look like those in silent hill

but CreepyNecropolis.blp => buildings\Undead\Necropolis\CreepyNecropolis.blp

This path doesn't seems to work,why?

Level 8
wow~~ these colors and textures look like those in silent hill

but CreepyNecropolis.blp => buildings\Undead\Necropolis\CreepyNecropolis.blp

This path doesn't seems to work,why?
I honestly have no idea. I tested it multiple times, and tried the only other Necropolis skin I can find on the Hive Workshop, and that skin doesn't work on the default Necropolis either. The path is correct, I checked in the Warcraft 3 Viewer. It works fine on Ujimasa Hojo's optimized Necropolis, that I linked in the description, but I cannot figure out why. I hope someone else can.

EDIT: ok I just figured out a way it works on the vanilla Necropolis! Open the Necropolis in the Warcraft 3 viewer, remap the texture to mine, and click on export MDX, do that, and import that MDX and that texture with the correct path in your map. That works, but only on the imported model. Once again, I don't know why, but it does.

Oh and thank you for the high rating and compliments!

Level 2
This is great, but the haunted gold mine skin is not included, only the icon

Level 8
You know for a texture bundle just released this year, i don't know how you got 3000 downloads (Mr. Goblin shamble in fear from his horror bundle). Did ya promote somewhere? :xxd:
Nope, I showed it to a couple friends but they don't play Warcraft 3 so I doubt they spread it around anywhere. Though I have confidence in my work, I'm frankly as surprised as you are that this has as many downloads as it does, but also quite humbled. I thank everyone who has downloaded and commented! And I intend no competition with Mr Goblin, his Flickering Light pack is one of my favorite things ever on the Hive and some of those skins are in the WIP map I made these buildings for.

Last edited: