• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Uncontrolable Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Use ward classification and have a trigger that detects when that unit makes any type of order and just issue it's previous order and issue orders that the unit has through triggers?

Works but is a bit complicated. Look up PreventOrders as it's a good library if your thinking of doing this above.

Level 22
Use ward classification and have a trigger that detects when that unit makes any type of order and just issue it's previous order and issue orders that the unit has through triggers?

Works but is a bit complicated. Look up PreventOrders as it's a good library if your thinking of doing this above.

That has a delay, and you can still move the unit in the 1-2 delay.

you realy cant because you dont specify what you want man
well if you want a unit like desease cloud?
more specifications
or when is created/buyed/summoned make a trigger to hange it to neutral hostile NOT changing colur
yust an idea :)

well, the idea is to create a fimbulwinter like in Age of Mythology (just a bit different, thus wolves arent suposed to attack allies, but they should be uncontrollable but not invulnerable). Thats the prob, in dota they do it, but i dont know how, like in the rattletrap missile, or other units..

Level 4
well, the idea is to create a fimbulwinter like in Age of Mythology (just a bit different, thus wolves arent suposed to attack allies, but they should be uncontrollable but not invulnerable). Thats the prob, in dota they do it, but i dont know how, like in the rattletrap missile, or other units..

ummmm.......quite hard you are luky i have played age of mith before because well you want HP bar displayed? and not attack alies? and well idk i know what i are meaning so i wll try :)

Level 22

Any missiles you see are going to be using Locust.

And I'm guessing Dota uses custom movement for these units that are unselectable and combine that with Locust.

Level 20
You can't pick units with locust, but you can add them to a unit group, and pick every unit in that unit group. I'm not sure if you can declare the unit into a variable, add locust, and use the variable.

There is a solution involving Locust that allows the Unit to be attacked, but not selected or targeted.

Or, if it is a lot like Fimbulwinter in AoM, you could use a solution that is not Multi-Instanceable:
-Create the Wolves as Units for the Player Neutral Extra
-Change their color to the color of the caster
-Change the Diplomacy of Neutral Extra so that it is neutral to allies of the caster and enemy to all else.
-Prevent that someone casts it again before the effect is over.

Level 37
There is a solution involving Locust that allows the Unit to be attacked, but not selected or targeted.

• Untitled Trigger 017
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set u = (Random unit from (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red)))
      • Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(udg_u, 'Aloc')
      • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_u, 'Aloc')
      • Unit - Hide u
      • Unit - Unhide u
You can't select the unit, but enemies can attack it. The unit also has collision.

Last edited:
  • Untitled Trigger 017
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set u = (Random unit from (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red)))
      • Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(udg_u, 'Aloc')
      • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_u, 'Aloc')
      • Unit - Hide u
      • Unit - Unhide u
You can select the unit, but enemies can attack it. The unit also has collision.

Perfect, thx! thats all i needed! i just hope it isnt too laggy... well, if my map gets enough taste maybe someone will help me fixing the triggers ive done so far and add some vjass to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.