• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unclickable during attack animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
The title is actually naming but one of three problems.

For some reason, my A7V tank becomes very hard to click on during its attack animations.

When the tank nears the border of the UI, it vanishes (as if its extents weren't calculated, which they bloody-well are)

And lastly the entire tank sort of 'flickers' for a nanosecond during its portrait animation. I've got no idea why any of this is happening.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=eu4jpx

A7Vpaintskin2.jpg

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Level 29
Can't see any noticeable error (yeah, you could actually check if the extents look ok before blindly suggesting to recalculate them over and over again...)

I would start with removing the ridiculous amount of useless keyframes.
Your first sequence starts at 66467, why do you have plenty of useless keyframes before that?
Especially the bounding shapes, which should have only the default value at frame 0.

Either way, what "portrait" animation exactly? there is no such thing in this model.

Level 65
Portrait as in 'Stand' animation with the camera pointing at it. Poor wording on my part.

The reason the sequence starts at such a high number is because this was based on the goblin tinker model, off of which I had to cut out animations and Hayate helped me place in new ones.

So all of those missing frames come from the tinker's other non-alternate animations.

I'm vaguely certain the 'bounding shapes' are part of the death animation explosion.

I myself can't make vehicle explosions nor duplicate them, so I asked Hayate and so far as I can tell, it was done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.