• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unamed One Piece AoS map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Before you pass judgment on me for making an anime map realize that this is what the project is based on and I honestly don't care if you agree with it or not. That being said constructive or negative criticism is welcome as long as you understand that I don't want to hear comments about how anime maps are "gay" or "lame". Thanks.

I'm currently in the early stages of a One Piece map. This map is an AoS map but I want to put the unique back into the AoS genre since everything seems to have been ripped off from Dota.

The general idea is to base this off of Impel Down. There will be all 6 levels and Pirates start at level 6 while Marines start at level 1. The goal is to push the pirates back completely to level 6 or for the Pirates to push the Marines completely back to level 1. Along the way your team must capture all spawn points (which start off neutral and are controlled by being "killed" by a team. When it is killed it switches to that team and produces units.) and then kill off the enemy heroes (if all spawn points are gone then the enemy heroes will NOT revive).

Each level has its own spawning points and drawbacks. These drawbacks are unique to the environment and are as follows:
Level 1: Movement causes heroes to take damage every X amount of steps they take.

Level 2: Large Invulnerable beasts appear every X seconds near heroes of both teams and chase them for X amount of seconds before disappearing again.

Level 3: All heroes receive a degeneration aura to their mana

Level 4: All heroes receive a degeneration aura to their health

Level 5: All heroes are slowed (attack speed and movement speed) by 15%+10% for every 30 seconds they are on this level.

Level 6: Items that heroes posses are disabled. This means all additional stats and abilities(passive Active Aura Orb...all of them are disabled).

These effects only take place when heroes from both teams occupy the same level.

There is two ways to shortcut to levels. The elevator and level 5.5 Both require the enemy hero to stay still for 15 seconds while they are teleported to that level. If they are stunned/held etc during this time the teleportation cancels.

To further the uniqueness I want to use jass/vjass or possibly GUI (GUI is iffy though) to make unique spells as well as unique items. This means no lame dota rip off items. I'm aiming for all original items with exception to important items like boots to boost AS/MS or basic damage/armor/regen etc style items.

Heroes will have a high level cap of 25. They will have numerous skills to pick from and thus need to choose what skills they wish to select as they won't have enough skill points to gain every skill they can learn. This will add a dynamic beyond item builds as any hero can offer a solution to any situation.

The map will be beta tested until it is completely balanced. I don't want to release a crappy map that plays like Bleach Battle Bladers or Fight of Characters.

Lastly I'm using all public released custom models. If someone bitches that the models have been stolen they're dumb as the models come with permission from their makers to be used as long as credit is given where due.

Heroes present in the first version will be:

Ace
Aokiji
Arlong
Bubble girl from CP9
Buggy
Buluno
Chopper
Eneru
Fatty from Cp9
Franky
Gecko Moria
Giraffe guy from CP9
Hair/Samurai guy from CP9
Kizaru
Kuma
Lucci
Luffy
Mihawk (unless he doesn't show anything in the manga in the next few weeks)
Nami
Perona
Robin
Sanji
Usop
Vivi
Whitebeard
Wolf guy from CP9
Zoro

That's a total of 27 heroes in the first version all with custom models and specific hero concepts that help augment their team (as this is a team game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.