• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[UB] Resource Package

Level 28
i see. Would it be possible to down grade my copy of WC3?

You don't actually have to downgrade WC3. You can have multiple installs, assuming they are in different folders.
If you want to get the older versions, use that link.

Level 1

You don't actually have to downgrade WC3. You can have multiple installs, assuming they are in different folders.
If you want to get the older versions, use that link.
ah, thank you

Level 2
i really really wanna play the custom race with the ai but some of them are not moving and when i fight enemy it makes my game laggy plz plz i really like this map i want to play it smooth :(

Level 28
i really really wanna play the custom race with the ai but some of them are not moving and when i fight enemy it makes my game laggy plz plz i really like this map i want to play it smooth :(
Avoid playing Night Elf AI, it may cause lag due to map terrain (Building order of Wisp is stuck by trees and Moon Well). Currently happened with Legacy maps.
This is probably due to the one of the computers being played in Night Elves. To fix the problem, don't play against the Night Elf AI.

Level 1
Hello, Could someone explain to me where I can find a file called War3.mpq I have Wracraft bought on battle.net and I can't find the file

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hello, Could someone explain to me where I can find a file called War3.mpq I have Wracraft bought on battle.net and I can't find the file
If your patch/game version is bigger than 1.29, you won't have that file anymore. For that, you need an older version that you can find here:

Level 28
As deepstrasz suggested above, you can get the older versions of WC3 below than 1.29, which still has a "War3.mpq".
Also, there is another version which you can download here (Ruins of Alterac), in case the Resource Package method isn't working for you. This mod is also compatible with Reforged.

Level 28
what is the second and third one for? they just try copy over the first
First thing first, which version of Warcraft 3 have you tried on? As deepstrasz said, version 1.32 (aka "Reforged") doesn't have the "War3.mpq" file because Blizzard turned it into CASC (in other words, they made a new folder called "Data" with the one file being 1GB-ish). If this happens, the only way to get the old MPQ file back was by downloading the 1.29.2 (click on the download link that guy posted above, then go to "Game Files" section and click on the download link in the 1.29.2 section).

After downloading the game with MPQ, you have to download all 3 parts of the Resource Package, then place them in the same folder. Just extract the first part and you'll get the "War3.mpq" for UB. After that, you can place this file inside the game folder (be sure to backup the original one). For the maps, you just place them in "Documents/Warcraft III/Maps".

If you still encounter an issue with green icons and invisible textures, get Legacy Version instead. Remember to restore the original "War3.mpq" file and that you don't have existing UB maps before downloading the Ruins of Alterac version of UB.

One last thing, as deepstrasz said, please don't spam the threads with the same question.

Level 1
Hi everybody, are there any plan to use UB in the same way as nirvana mod, implementing all the new races and features, in the map and systems of the original WCIII like nirvana mod does?

Level 28
Hi everybody, are there any plan to use UB in the same way as nirvana mod, implementing all the new races and features, in the map and systems of the original WCIII like nirvana mod does?
Unfortunately, this project got frozen due to the many implications such as the personal reasons and the fact that the game file system has been changed by the time when Reforged had gone gold.
There's probably no time for immediate return, but I hope the author will make this mod purely a total conversion standalone of WCIII (similar to what happened for C&C: Generals Zero Hour with well-known big mods like Rise of the Reds).