• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tyrande Dismounted

This is a custom model that I created for Tyrande dismounted from her mount.

There are two variations of the model; one that is based on Shandris animations, and the other that is based on Shandris's Beta animations (where she was standing upright). This allows us to have a "hunchback" Tyrande hero for melee map style games as well as the artsy doesn't-quite-fit-a-melee-RTS style "upright" Tyrande hero (which would be great for cinematics).

Unlike some of my other uploads, this Tyrande is not "a Blizzard model from the Beta," but is rather a model that I created by doing animation transfers, and then a bunch of manual frame-by-frame tweaks on that stupid arrow on her bow so that it would look half-decent during the Attack animation.

She still draws the arrow out of a nonexistent quiver, but if you really don't like that, then download Retera Model Studio and geomerge a quiver onto there. I give you full permission to edit this however you want (as I generally do with all my models whenever I remember to specify) because these models are literally just derivatives of Blizzard artwork anyway, so I think it's only logical you should be able to make a further derivative work off of them.

Here are some YouTube ads for this bundle:

Edit: Edited the bundle so that "Stand Victory" is renamed to "Spell" and is nonlooping, so that Tyrande looks good when casting Owl Scout.
Previews
Contents

Tyrande Dismounted (Model)

Tyrande Dismounted (Cinematic) (Model)

Tyrande Dismounted Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Although not exactly a Beta model, it is a fix for a model that we never got in the first place. The model looks good and performs well ingame, thanks for adding this version. Edit: Moved back to the reforged section.
The portrait choosing code in Warcraft 3 always chooses a file with the same name as the model, plus _Portrait on the end.

If you import as the name "TyrandeMountless_Upright7" in your map, then the portrait file must be named "TyrandeMountless_Upright7_Portrait" to be loaded when using that model. This is true universally for all Warcraft 3 models.

My laziness during the upload here is your chance to learn a very useful fact about the system for all custom models in this game.

Level 1
The portrait choosing code in Warcraft 3 always chooses a file with the same name as the model, plus _Portrait on the end.

If you import as the name "TyrandeMountless_Upright7" in your map, then the portrait file must be named "TyrandeMountless_Upright7_Portrait" to be loaded when using that model. This is true universally for all Warcraft 3 models.

My laziness during the upload here is your chance to learn a very useful fact about the system for all custom models in this game.
sweet, cheers for that bro

All right, that was helpful and looks much better now... But this function does it automatically :) I there a way to set the hight by my own?

View attachment 397360
I guess that adding some numbers to the third extent, which is the z axis. Dunno if you have to edit in in that box of you are forced to edit it in the mdl

Level 2
Will you add a classic version? I've been looking for a good quality dismounted tyrande mod for the sd version and so far i can't find one. I tried to convert it my self but i just cant get the hang of it im still quite new to warcraft modding.

Last edited:
Will you add a classic version?
what are you asking for, here? I tried making one a while back last time someone asked about this for the same model if I recall: Tyrande Dismounted SD

But the Hive site hides it and considers it an inferior piece of art (simple/useful, originally called "substandard").

I am not even the first person to try to make that!

If you want the Reforged Tyrande literally ported to the classic game, use Retera Model Studio for that.