• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drek'thar Dismounted

We made a dismounted Drek'thar with grunt animations, anyone could find this useful perhaps. Model has two variations: Blade for melee attacks and Scythe for ranged magical attacks.

Base model is Drek'thar, with lower body and animations from Grunt, and then some body leash from the Enforcer.

Here's how he looks like in game:

Warcraft_III_18_Jun_2021_4_08_55_am.png

Warcraft_III_18_Jun_2021_4_09_00_am.png

Regardless of the preview, this model is supposed to be for heroes.

I will make a 2.0 in the future where he would have morph animations to switch between weapon, and probably a dissipate animation.

But other than that, any suggestions and/or criticisms are welcome.

Made in Retera Model Studio
Basic geoset assembly and disassembly by Ardenaso and Darious
Animation configurations by Darious
Contents

Drek'thar Dismounted (Model)

Drek'thar Dismounted portrait (Model)

Drek'thar Dismounted scythe (Model)

Drek'thar Dismounted scythe portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Pretty useful, can't wait to see the version 2.0
Level 8
Not bad. Drek'tar is old enough to walk on his own, but after looking at your model, he gained fortitude and literally walked.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Hey friend! Came back with another request for this one if it's ok. Can you also add the missing dress he is wearing? I know that might be harder to add because it needs it's own animations :(
tried that on the very first iteration but it's too curved and I always get frustrated trying to straighten it

Level 3
Hey! thank you so much, I always wanted this rimless model, I really like it, great job! love the rimless models.

Level 18
Interesting to have a sword variation as it really feels like a "new hero" in the sense that we can use this model for other purposes than starring Drek'thar. Would have liked a bit more teamcolor.