• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two great StarCraft II accomplishments... and a third mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(Note, there's a hot closing note at the end! Jump to it!)
Having its development been announced in May 17 of 2010, "The Final Metamorphosis" has been released! It is a 7 minutes and 30 seconds long cinematic set in the universe of StarCraft lore featuring popular characters like Tassadar, Kerrigan, and even the dark archon Ul'Rezaj!» Official website link
On his end, zenx1 has released "Goku Firebat". It is a highly entertaining map with seven unique heroes and a lot of charming spells that will remind you of "Warlock" of Warcraft III; set traps for your enemies and deflect spells targeted at you!
Below you find the entire "The Final Metamorphosis" (left) cinematic and the promotion video for "Goku Firebat" (right).

What mod is this? #1

So I once listened to a soundtrack composed of three distinct compositions for an old Warcraft III mod... and I was wondering... is there anyone yet left to figure out which mod was this piece taken from? (NOTE: Link deleted) The one who figures it out first will get 10 points of reputation!

Two closing notes. First, M0rbid will be assisting shiiK and 67Chrome in the moderation of our Skins Section. Second, it appears there's a convention going on counting with the presence of professionals to show how to use the Unreal Development Kit (UDK, a game-designing framework). It includes live streaming! Check out the website and scroll down.

{EDIT, 4-Nov-2011}
Revival of the High Elves it is, congratulations Asomath ;) Yup, it also went by the name Counterstrike at Quel'Thalas (I actually only discovered it was the same mod when I looked for the tracks). They were apparently made by a guy named Melda from www.musicbyjason.com, I think the thing was called sAmods? Well, anyway, it seems David Vaughan might be the real name of this Melda.*
* Wrong! Counterstrike at Quel'Thalas is an entirely different mod developed by Tufy which also followed the post invasion of Quel'Thalas in four campaigns for four different races or factions: the High Elven survivors, the Amani Trolls, the Shadow Alliance and the "Valley Elves".
Then there's Revival of the High Elves by Daelin, which meant to add a complete new race as a well as a High Elf campaign.

NOTE: Enter [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/latest-updates-news-101/two-great-starcraft-ii-accomplishments-third-mod-206376/"]the thread[/self] to see attachments!
(post-mortem note: the attachments might not be downloadable by guests)

Last edited:
Level 9
Lol, Kerrigan sexy butt. Those cinematic models need better framerates. And they should have used blizzard's models. Though it was nice, we seriously need more Cinematicmodders.

Got some points on Goku though. at 0:19. Lazer eyes crisscross? Haha. Wall-eyed goku

Rui's note: Got nothing. I was clueless about mods until 2005. How about a hint. What year was the mod from?

Level 14
I already watched the cinematic 5 hours before this was posted...
oh and gratz m0rbid!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You were right, Asomath, it is Counterstrike at Quel'Thalas, also known as Revival of the High Elves, it was a mod, directed by Daelin, meant to add another race (High Elves) and a complete new campaign as well. These three tracks were composed by David Vaughan, who is apparently nicknamed "Melda". I initially found them back in 2005 in this page.
As a note of curiosity, their forum (RotHE's) is still up. Scroll up to the first post to download the two other tracks!
Here's a little something I made in Audacity, it is a compilation of all the three tracks in one single track (zip folder):

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Correction:
* Wrong! Counterstrike at Quel'Thalas is an entirely different mod developed by Tufy which also followed the post invasion of Quel'Thalas in four campaigns for four different races or factions: the High Elven survivors, the Amani Trolls, the Shadow Alliance and the "Valley Elves".
Then there's Revival of the High Elves by Daelin, which meant to add a complete new race as a well as a High Elf campaign.

P.S. — No one has downloaded the High elf tracks? Why? :ogre_frown:
Thank you for downloading my mixture though :ogre_datass:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Revival of the High Elves was never finished, so it is not. I am 99% sure that Counterstrike at Quel'Thalas never actually got finished either, it is the common problem with large mods.
I also had an Age of Empires feeling while listening too.^^

Status
Not open for further replies.