• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The "Great Troll War" Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Blizzard had a small section on the blizzard site about 9 months back stating of a "Great Troll War" which was only accesible by a google search. Which has inspired the great terranup16 to create a mod for it. This mod will include new models sounds icons arts campaigns and races. The mod has been working on for some time now but it needs supporters. I'm only a lowly fanboy thats trying to put the word out there in the open. I have a few lil teasers to put on this site (It has been authorised by terranup16)Also i realise the Troll's arent against the humans in such but this dates back 50 years before Warcraft I so the warcraft lore isnt followed. The old blizzard section on the site stated it was trolls vs humans and high elves and there mightve been somethign about dwarves. But this "Great Troll War" was the undoing of the peace thingy between the troll's and humans.(I think ask terranup for more detail on that)

Chief Harraxe was born somewhere in southeast Azeroth as the son of Chief Plagaraxe (Trolls don't have first and last names). His father commanded the Blood Axe clan, and Harraxe took over the clan when he came of the correct age. His father died three years after his ascension. His father died on a mission to attack a human convoy. The convoy was much more-heavily guarded than they thought it would be. They assaulted it anyways. Plagaraxe was taken captive when trying to save one of his the members from his assault team. The humans tortured him, killed him, and sent his burned body back to Harraxe. Harraxe, enraged at the humans' treatment of his father, began training his Blood Axe clan to be the most-elite Troll clan.
Harraxe assigned Buljin to train Trolls who would be either throwing axes or spears. Thrax was assigned to train Blood Axe Trolls in melee combat. Throin instructed Trolls in magical and voodoo arts. These three Trolls were easily the best in their respective categories. Combined with Harraxe, they were able to mold the Blood Axe clan into the most lethal Troll fighting force ever created. Within a year Harraxe's clan was raiding outposts and convoys frequently and successfully.
One year later, the Azerothien King proclaimed the Troll Containment Act. This was in response to growing raids by Trolls as a whole, although the Blood Axe clan was a major part of it. The act allowed humans to hunt down, kill, and bring back Troll heads for bounty, paid by local lords.
This enraged all the Trolls. A vast majority of Troll Chieftains from clans in Azeroth met to discuss the issue. The meeting took place roughly a week after the act was announced.
The unanimous descision was that the Trolls should unite to fight the common human foe. They decided to elevate 20 chieftains to warlord status. These warlords would control all the clans in their respective regions. Harraxe thought that there was no way he would not be a warlord. Zinji won the position though, due to what Harraxe thought of as politics. The real reason the other chieftains did not choose Harraxe was because they were afraid to give him too much power. This attitude would change later.
Harraxe was furious with not being chosen as a warlord, and removed his clan from the coalition. He has now begun to fight his own war against the Azerothien humans... (to be continued at a later date when we see fit to reveal more information about the mod's storyline)

HarraxePortraitsignedshadow1.jpg

Thats the main characters bio and a small piece of artwork made by the GREAT WEREWULF!

The mod will include 8 new races including the Great Trolls. The human races are Gilneas,Alterac,Lordaeron, Stormgarde and Azeroth. There will also be the Mountain Dwarves and High Elves. If you want to know anymore about this mod which i believe you do go to http://www.k2o-gk.com/TrollWarsModWebsite/phpBB2/index.php or the new forums which will the main supply of information when they are up and running fully http://www.polarmaps.net/trollwars/forum/ well please have a look this is going to be one mod you dont want to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.