• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tutorial Comments

Level 2
tinting

im trying to make an RPG type map. im trying to make where a unit goes up to an ocean or lake they can go under water. i need to know how to make, when they are under water, a blueish tint on the screen. thanx for the help.

Level 1
Triggers

I unprotected footmen vs grunts. I dont know how to restore the triggers so i was hoping that you could make a tutorial on restoring triggers.

thankyou

numb

Level 1
can anybody make a tutorial for a cinema? I am working on a campaign but donno how to make one :(

Level 1
Need Triger help

Hey, I'm looking for a trigger that can help me do the following:

I want to have a Character who can summon a Hero Unit.
The hero Unit will have no Attack damage, just a few hitpoints and armor.

But the Hero Unit will have 4 Abilities, that are already set, (not needed to be trained)

Now the 4 Abilities will be 4 different types of Morphs (heroes Still), will be able have an attack, hit points, armor and other Abilites which also do not need to be trained (3 of them will be to morph into the other three
illusions and than 2 spells which will be autocast.
Also I want the summoned creatures to NOT have a timed life, and Not gain any experience. I am going to want them to Level up based on the original spell cast for the original summoned hero spell level.

Any help will be very much needed. thank you

Level 1
oz02 said:
Please post all your comments or suggestions for the tutorial section or for tutorials to be written here.

Hi, could anyone please help me by coming up with a step by step tutorial on how I can make my own race for wc3..I mean new races new units,ahm a total conversion..thanks in advance..

Level 3
Cba81 said:
i have a suggestion how about a cinamatics tutorial in english cuz the only cinamatics tut is in german and im in america and i didnt take german as my second language so if someone could od that that would be awsome

To that and every other person requesting a translation from german to english, Copy n' Paste to http://www.freetranslation.com

And to moderators could you make a tutorial on renaming things like str,agi,int,gold,wood and food? Cause I can figure out how to change the icon but I cant change there names, and Ive seen it done. Or you could just PM me how to do it.

Another helpful tutorial would be how to attach models to attachment points in WE (no not actually editing the model)

Level 1
I need someone to tell me how to make a unti transform into a unit. i cant post pictures now so ill explain it.

I have Havoc, two of them. one is the Flying Machine with the havoc model and button. then the second one is that, but i changed its movement to none and hight to none. so its basically a grounded chopper.
what i need is someone to tell me how to make an ability so it makes the havoc turn intot he flying one. or do anything similar, like changing the movement speed, hight, type, etc. and also make it go back. i'd prefer to have the two spereate units, because i want the gounded one to regenerate life faster. or some other stuff. i also kinda want it an ability because it migh change owners, or it might be produced at a building, i don't know because im making this for a freind. (he cant import models for his life)
i tryed this allready by altering Medivh's turn into a bird ability to change units and stuff. but when i tryed it, it didn't work, and my game crashed giving me an error saying "the memory could not be "read"" or something. any help? please?[/url]

Level 1
Can you ask for help on importing specific custom models?? If you can id really like some help with the Tauren Druid Final...yea, i suck at this importing business...

Level 1
hay i got a problem on my map i think it might be that i only got meele starting rescorses action on the map initialization & victory/defete stuff but im not intierly sure but the problem is soon as i start to test the game i play for about 6 seconds and it says im defeted and i have to quite does any 1 no the problem? :? :? :? :? :?

Level 17
Could anyone teach me how to make underwater maps and how to combine them with regular land maps? I heard somewhere that i should add blue fog and make fish fly and add a weather effect moon rays, but how do i add them?

Level 3
(I downloaded 120 skins from your site, but I don't know how to use them...}

Level 2
VGSatomi , you can find an animation tutorial on Oinkerwinkle.com.You must download the oinkerwinkle programs.They are used for modeling and one of them , Note Track is used to create animations.

Level 2
Turorial Request:
I want help with a "something", im not sure what it is, it might be a trigger, or anything else. But i want map scrolling to be done in a little area, the character pick area, and than in in-game play area, and i dont want players to see the set up area of the game. That is done in "Dark Lineage Owen" does anyone know how to do it:?:

By map scrolling area i mean, you cannot move your camera or your view outside of the specific region.

Level 10
So, i need a very complex tutorial...it`ll be very useful, because I`m sure a lot of people want to do it too.
There are three attributes, aren`t there?

Strenght: Increases Hit points, and, in strenght based heros, damage.

Agility: Increases attack speed, move speed, armor and, in agility based heros, damage.

Intelligence: Increases Magic Points and, in intelligence based heros, damage.

Maybe there are other increasing points in one of these abilities, but it will not interfer on what I want to know.
I have seen, in some maps, other attribute names and icons, with other functions. Strenght just increased damage, agility just attack speed and move speed and Endurance improved magic points, hit points and armor. That really impressed me. I`m not very good at map making.
I am now making a map that`s a mix of Archery Tactics with Dota. And the heros are only archers...and I think that archers shoudn`t have attributes like strenght and intelligence. So I`ve decided to change it to:

Accurracy: improves range, line of sight and projectile speed.

Mobility: improves attack speed and move speed.

Endurance: improves magic points, hit points and armor.

But I`ve only decided...It`s not done! There I`ll need your help. I want to change the hero attributes icons and functions. Can you post a tutorial with that help?

Level 1
im looking for some1 to teach me how to make a map like a team survival game
pm me for the tutorial
Thanks for the Help! :D :D :D

Level 10
First Person Camera. I just want the camera to go whenever the hero goes, facing the same heros direction, with a short angle of attach.
Just like in Pokemon 6.0, Paintball and others.
Add in your tutorial, also, how to make the camera go to whenever the hero goes, without changing angle of attach, just like Diablo and some Rpg Wc3 Maps.
Thank you!

Level 1
A tutorial or guide on map optimization. My map is currently quite big and has a pretty long load time, which takes even longer on my slower computers(I've tested on 4 other PC's).

I noticed now DOTA use to be nearly 3mb with up to 5 minutes of load time. Now it's quite a bit less in file size and game loading has improved dramatically.

Any tips would be great, thanks.

Level 1
VGsatomi said:
I'm looking for an animation transfer tutorial. Anyone know of one or someone who can make one? I've learned how to edit models and merge geosets, but animation is one thing I have not figured out. I'm sure it can be done just by knowing how to edit the .mdl, right?
-VGsatomi
That^^I want that too, lol.^

Level 3
This isn't a request, but Windows blocks some models I download, and I can't unblock them, even the windows says to right click and unblock the folder. There is no unblock option.

Thanks for your time.