• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tutorial Comments

Level 4
I think its great, but i dont like that some are in Ger becouse i dont understand that :cry:

not many peoples speak Ger.
But English everyone understand! :D

Level 1
tutorial on sounds

is there any tutorials on importing sounds.ive got the sounds a terran marine uses in starcraft(wav files) i would like the wc3 marine to use these sounds.ive been importing models and skins for awile,but im not able to get my marines to use these sounds,sorry for being lengthy and probaly in wrong furum. :?: :?: :?:

Level 4
I would like a tutorial on how to alpha things out in Photoshop 7... or just photoshop in general(they're all basically the same, right?) heh.

Level 2
Hey does anyone know how to make it so that before you play, in the beggining where players decide race and color, well how do you disable choices for colors and races?

can any1 make a tutorial about or just explain how to use custom models in different maps, without having to import them in each one indivually, but only importing them to the Campaign Editor?
I have tried a thousand things to make this work, but nothing helped :( it takes up alot of space to import every model in each map.. thats 15xeach model :S

I said:
can any1 make a tutorial about or just explain how to use custom models in different maps, without having to import them in each one indivually, but only importing them to the Campaign Editor?
I have tried a thousand things to make this work, but nothing helped :( it takes up alot of space to import every model in each map.. thats 15xeach model :S

can any1 reply to that plz..

loktar said:
I said:

can any1 reply to that plz..

oh come on! its not fun being ignored !

Level 2
Please don't be angry at me, I'm a pitifyl noob!!

i don't know how to import the WE stuff to my map, in this case, i have a map that has the neutral building thingy above the thingy (over 96 circle of powers, stupid ...), and I want the WEno limit things, but when i import it (on import manager :? ) it still has the 96 limit!!!

Am i stupid, or is there a logical explaination?

Level 1
how do you make it so you can save and load on a map

how do you make it so you can save and load on a map

Level 2
I would like to know if there is already a topic on how to make a cinematic and I know that there is a Germain topic on that subject but I really don't understand!!!! (I'm from Québec so there is not to much germain here) :lol:

Level 2
This is to answer Loktar!!!!!!!!!! I Think that we must import the custom model in each new map. It's like write 2 letters but don't want to write 2 times the same word! The second letter would be... Understand??? Me 2 I import each custom model in each of my maps and it's borring! but I do it.

I wish I have answer your question ^-^

Level 1
change name of attack types and change pic

like change the name of chaos to like beam or whatever and put a different pic

Ain

Ain

Level 1
Really 10x a NEW Newbie

Can someone help me?
I interested in makes some map, models, skin, etc on this TFT.
Althought i am an Indonesian, i really want to try make some. can someone give me tutorial from very begining for this? :D

Level 3
I would like a tutorial which teaches how to edit those small icons which appear when you cast a spell on someone: Take Bloodlust for example, When someone casts bloodlust on you, you get a small icon in the units window (the window with the damage, armor and such). That icon says something like "this unit is under the effect of Bloodlust".

My question is, How do you change that?

Level 1
Blight and move

Plz some1 send me a private msg telling me how to:

1 - Remove the blight of the undead buildings

2 - Make units stay still, like statues

Plz tell me how... :cry:

Level 1
File Extension Question

I have downloaded several campaigns for WarCraft III and I can't seem to find them once I load the game. I have posted in this forum because I was hoping there was a tutorial on how to extract and load a campaign downloaded from a third party. Questions I have:

Do the files need to be extracted to a directory other than the Maps directory? Is there an 'installation' process for the campaigns? Is there a place within the WarCraft II game itself I should be looking?

Thanks!

-NickelPlatedMan

Level 1
added damage with stats

Can somebody plz make a tutorial of how to make spells do added damage with the use of stats and hero level or direct me to one of its already out there. Thanks in advance

Level 11
Detecing damage units can do? It is pretty complicated since you don't exactly know what kind of bonuses has the unit. You can get its damage by stats but what if the hero has other additional items and buffs from auras and what about passives? This is very complicated and even though it is possible, it would take a huge script to take each item, each stat, each buff, each possibility of bonus damage. I might do this system but it would be very inneficient since you need to add every item, every buff, every little thing that would supposely give bonus damage. Hard, very hard! And there is also the problem of not knowing which is the original damage of the unit.

~Daelin

Level 10
Mini Map Image Tutorial

Making a Custom Mini-Map Image
This tutorial will teach you how to make a custom Mini-Map Image for whatever map you like.

Needed Tools
-An image for your mini map, make it 128 pixels by 128 pixels
-Any program that lets u save images as TGA's (Paintshop, Printshop, etc.)
-Warcraft III, the Frozen Throne

The Image
Make a image of whatever you like and make it 128 pixels by 128 pixels, MAKE SURE YOU SAVE IT AS A TGA FILE! For the purpose of this tutorial, I am using an image of the Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne logo, as seen below.
war3-logo-off.gif

Importing the Image
In the World Editor, open the Import Manager and click on File, Import and open the TGA file that you have created. The custom path must be changed however, so double click on the image you imported and check the box "Use Custom Path".
Change the path to "war3mapPreview.tga" with nothing before it and proper case. Make sure its exact.

Thats it! Its that easy! This is what mine looked like when i was done:
minimapimagefinishedlook.jpg

Level 5
topic

can anyone make a more detailed tutorial on basic triggers? i read whitenights and its not enough to teach me how to use triggers. also there is a tutorial needed to teach uses how to mdl edit bones and sound effects

Level 1
I need a tutorial for making a kill board, i cant seem to get mine to work. as of now it adds kills to everyone so they all have the same number of kills... lol I would appreciate a tutorail that tells me how to make a basic kill board in World Edit and how to change names on that kill board when someone leaves so it could say "PLAYER LEFT" or whatever. thanx.

Also could someone explain how to make triggers (in world edit) to reveal the whole map for a player who lost, but not everyone else.

thank you this will help with my footman wars that i am working on and ill put your name and this website in credits.

PM or post and i will be grateful.

-Infero_Excessum