• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trouble and Request for the modelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not really a request, it's more a discussion.

Currently, I'm working to improve Dexporter (Gmax and 3dsmax 6 and up exporting script) to work more friendly to new users and be able to give messages about possible errors.

In my experiments, I'm working to improve animation troubles that many user think of "messed up animations" actually, there are no messed up animations, there's a problem with TCB controllers and how they are exported.

If you exceed 90º in angles or something like it, the rotations don't work correctly. Art Tools already show an error message when this happens. I need someone to help me get the algorithm to find out this and make Dexporter also print the error message. Currently what I'm doing is take the quaternion convert it to euler angle and check if each transformation exceeds 90º, but it doesn't look like it works correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.