• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trolls Vs. Spiders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Trolls Versus Spiders

The trolls have gone on an adventure to find treasure, but have only found a deadly secret, the mother of all spiders, and it is NOT happy. they must kill it before it kills them.

features

(+ means done - means almost _means not yet)

sexy map +
four troll teams +
hero selection _
massive, (interactive?) spider nest -
recipe system_ (i have NO idea how to do this) < like stick+stick= big stick>
savecode system_ is this JASS?
rescue special units, other secrets -
BUG SPRAY SUPER ITEM :mwahaha: _ might do this, might not (maybe guarded by massive worms!

unit list

troll chief -
hero, dont let this die!
has mobile barracks abilities _

troll spearist +
basic infantry, is ranged
(might get impale ability)

trollmage
just a witch doctor with a new name

Mother of All Spiders-
Big scary spider with poison +
mobile barracks_
smart AI_
a massive spider army+

shadow widow
black spider with powerful damage
baby spider
young spider with weak damage
spider soldier
medium spider with high health, medium damage
spider guardian
spitting spider
spider maneater
bigger than mama! RUN LIKE HELL IF YOU PISS IT OFF IT 1-SHOTS EVERYTHING!

Last edited:
Level 3
fix the thread? no idea what your talking about. and screenshots? i dont have screenshot software. like mwsnap or something.

Level 3
yes... actually (feels like bashing his keyboard over his head) actually it would. *head explodes* so that converts it to bitmap or the like? interesting

Level 3
oh. so this HAS to happen in world editor? how do i just do the minimap?
take a look at my map and tell me how bad it is. 1 is bad and 10 is shit (1 is better!)

Level 3
i knew it was bad... im notsogood at the tiling thing. i think trolls should go at the bottom and spiders at the top. with the spider worshippers in the middle. and the trolls should be able to rescue the sacrifices to the spiders from cages. but ill trigger it to where the second you rescue them a swarm of ten baby spiders will attack you so be on your toes. if the spiders eat the sacrifices guess what? they get ten free baby spiders! oh noes. what should the spider worshipper hero be? a nerubian? and i still dunno how to resize? the big mamas need to be HUGENORMOUS! like almost the size of the large mountain at the mountain range near the edge.

{EDIT}
srry for double post but i just wondered what songs should i put on this for -music commads? i was thinking some disturbed, pantera, metallica, but there is ONE SONG I AM FOR SURE PUTTING ON! RUN TO THE HILLS BY IRON MAIDEN! ROXXORZ!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
srry for double post but i just wondered what songs should i put on this for -music commads? i was thinking some disturbed, pantera, metallica, but there is ONE SONG I AM FOR SURE PUTTING ON! RUN TO THE HILLS BY IRON MAIDEN! ROXXORZ!
Instead of saying sorry use the edit button. You have double posted twice on this thread. When a moderator sees this you will get more Negative rep.

Level 3
alright... now that were about done, we need alpha testers! +rep for ya +credit in the map!
(and spiders now use sacrificial altars instead of eggs, cos i cant find the egg)

Level 1
Trolls vs. Spiders
>The suggested players is 2-8? There is one player present to choose.
>Something written on the loading screen about story or gameplay can help.
>You have given too much for map description. Writing down that there are 4 spider mothers gives away the secret.
The terrain needs different tiles. Trolls on that tile? Wouldn't that appear odd? Also using only single tile is not very good idea.

Also where are the units? I did not see any unit on the map. Only terrain. I had to use iseedeadpeople to know if there existed anything in the map except the terrain.
Did you upload an incorrect version?

Level 3
i am not done terraining yet, and as for trolls looking weird, i am changing the story a bit. its just a tile version... no units yet. just a preview... the version is almost ready for alpha, you want in? and while im on here today, where are screenies saved to? (edit) i also need to know how to get rid of those godforsaken unit timers! -this can wait- ALSO! heres the near version. can some1 set the victory defeat conditions (force two defeat if BIG mama dies, individual players lose in force 1 lose when hero dies.) i cant find that junk in the editor, so here ya go!

Attachments

• trollsversusspiders.w3x
    32.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Level 4
Hello, so I just tested your map and there are some faults too it so I'll just explain to you of what I thought of it.

Negatives

- There's no option of what heroes are units the player gets too choose from your stuck with what you got. I like the option to choose what hero and units I get to play with, could really help the game play.

- Of course you probably already no the terrain has no elaboration, you could use more of the terrain palette, environmental/doodad/ destructible props, to make it look more natural.

-- Concluding with --

The tile set you've chosen may not be the best for your map. I suggest using Loaderon Summer, or Ashenvale. Just the environment of spiders is dark and creepy, I find you could express it a lot more with each of those tile sets than the hellish look it has right now. Same with the trolls.

Positives

- Some of the ideas you've mentioned I hope you implement them well cause they sound creative.

-- Ideas --

- Possibly that can help the game play of your map is resizing the map, and having swarms of enemy units come in different lanes. Like having standard melee and range spiders and trolls, and when the player chooses a hero it can benefit the standard melee and range trolls/spider. Like lets say I chose the blade master troll hero all standard troll melee units have a chance to critical strike. Or if I chose Poisonous Spider hero all standard spider melee units will get a poisonous attack.

And

if your still wondering on how to change the size of units here it is

Problem2.jpg

You pretty much select the unit and go to its scaling file and change it to however size you want.

Level 3
OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU KILLZERKER! i did the unit resize animation trigger, but obviously yours is easier. ( is the other players working?) some1 says the other players dont work, and trollmages are unselectable, but thats one person, please check, and im gonna terrain better after the testing (spider lair will be dank and creepy,

Level 7
Hey again, I finished your map. Tell me what you think. I chose Ashenvale because it's one of the tilesets that fit with spiders and trolls.

Attachments

• Troll Vs Spider.w3x
    132.1 KB · Views: 58
Level 3
To change the size of a certain unit go into your Object editor and create a custom spider unit. On that spider unit click it and go to the Art-Scaling Value. There you can change its size.

EasyCapture2.jpg

sorry for image size.

Level 3
hey... thanks, and wow the map is now sexy-ified! thanks quetzal, and +rep and credits! im editing the first post now. (so i can post updates and so-on)
and a quick poll, i am adding a custom bgm, what should it be

Run to the Hills--Iron Maiden
(put your name here) (put the band name here)
Bodies--drowning pool
violence fetish--disturbed
Indestructible--Disturbed
Afterlife--avenged sevenfold
Add all of them as -music commands

Last edited:
Level 7
I made a couple of troll units just for some idea's I can make more if you want.

P.S. it says you gave me 0 amount of reputation.;p

Attachments

• Troll Units.w3x
    23.4 KB · Views: 100
Level 3
great, immah use those instead of the crummy ones i was using before, how would i make that reinforcements spell work without a timer, cause last time it wouldnt even pop up on the troll chief... wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.