• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a "Rare" Spawn in a RPG

Level 6
Hi again its Kronos21 showing you more tutorials for RPG's!!!So lets get this started!

-Diffuculty-3/10

Variables-None

• Events
  • Time - Every 120+ seconds of Game time
  • Contitions
  • Actions
  • Unit - Create 1 RareSpawn Here for Neutral Hostile at (Region of SPawn) facing default building facing degrees
Easy Right?
This part is 1/10 diffuculty but Getting him to spawn items on death is hard
Here is a link to my Item Drop System Tutorial!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/item-drop-system-respawn-trigger-159465/

How to make a Rare NPC

Step1-Name and Afilliation
The name of your "Rare" will be somewhat close to its race or Affiliation
(BTW Affiliation means-Tribe,Cult,City,Alliance,etc. that it is sided on)
Example1.Blackwood BlightRager HP-290 Attack-35 Defense-10(This one is the Affiliation side of a Rare and Rares must be stronger than Normal units)
Example2.Brightwood Giant Spider(Ussually there is small and normals spiders)
HP-340 Attack-45 Defense-20(This is the race version of a Rare)

Step2-Putting them in a good Spawn point
Your going to need to be specific where the SpawnPoint of your Rare is or it will seem out of place and players will be confused why a Brightwood Giant SPider is in the middle of a lake:grin:
Example1.Blackwood Blightrager is in a Furbolg Corrupt Tribe so put him in a Corrupt Furbolg zone
Example2.Blackwood Gaint Spider is a Spider(DUH!)so he can be in a certain place in a Blighted or Corrupt forest and doent need to be around any other spiders(But is recommended for backup)

Step3.Loot
Your Rare must drop the best Armor the Player can get if he is somewhat close to the Rares level(It is best if oyu make most items low low dorp chance but still dorp a Grey or Common item)
Example1.Blackwood Blightrager Drops-Blackwood Staff of Corruption,Blightrage Tunic,Hood of the Blightrager,etc.

Step4.Power
The power of a Rare must be better than normal units as said above but not toooo strong.Lets say we got 3 Players wanting to take down the Blackwood Gaint Spider well you cant make the Spider have the ability to kill them in seconds if they are above or exactly its level

Step5.Rare Exp
Exp(Experience)Must be a little bigger than the same level units you would normaly kill.If you make it to big players would be looking for it all the time trying to get big Exp and can ruin the game with spawn camping mobs and etc.

Step6.COngratulations!
You have just made your Rare mob now go finish your map!!!:grin:

Well have fun making awesome maps and please if you found out how to use these by my tutorial and you make the map please credit me:wink:

By-:spell_breaker:Kronos21:spell_breaker:

Level 28
its just to help people thats all geez >.>
Well, I really appreciate the effort, but you should consider this:
  • A newb will learn how to code in a bad way (leaks)
  • A newb will find it hard reading this (bad format: lack off BB-codes, bad spelling)
So basically it isn't of much use...

Also, I would say the difficulty is about 1/10 overall, this depends from person to person, so I usually don't really like those 'difficulty systems', I mean... what is it based off?

Step 3 -> 5 aren't really explained either, you've said some general stuff like "A rare creep has to be strong, but not too strong", but that's where it ends.
Try to make it more detailed.

Hmm... shouldn't you check if there already is one of <UNIT TYPE> before creating one, otherwise... wouldn't there be several of the same rare spawn unless next to each other?

Yep, which is another reason why this tutorial isn't approvable at its current state.

Sorry, this was well intentioned but a little too simple for an entire tutorial. Graveyarded unless you notify me that you are going to update it with several things (although, I don't know what else you could add to this topic).