• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger to make unit under effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I made a spell using Stomp from Centaur, but I want the units in the area to get blind (chance to miss an attack)
how is the trigger?
I think is kind like
ABILITY CAST = AREA SPELL, DO ACTION = MAKE UNITS IN AREA AFFECTED BY "BLIND"

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 37
Create a custom Blind ability. It is an AoE ability, right? Set it's AoE the same as your Stomp's AoE. Make it have no mana cost and set check requirements to false.

Then create a dummy caster. No visible model, shadow, food cost, cast point and animation blend time set to 0 so it casts spells instantly when ordered.

Event
Unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
Ability being cast == stomp
Actions
Create dummy unit at target point of ability being cast
Order dummy to Silence target point of ability being cast
Apply 1 second expiration to dummy

You can also set the level of the blind the same as the stomp's level if if has different stats for each level.

Make sure to not leak.

Level 1
help

i understand everything except one, UNIT - ORDER (last created unit) to (here is the spell name like BLIZZARD, but there is a list from where i must choose one.. how can i put there my created spell, not BLIZZARD) ???

Level 33
First of all, I hope you understand a word "base" spell.

In the test map I gave you, the base spell for the dummy (not for the caster) is based from Undead Banshee unit, and its ability is "Curse", therefore the action should be used is:
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Picked unit)
If your base spell is based on Chain Lightning, you should do this action:
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Picked unit)
And so on...

Note that you can't change its order ID by making your own custom ID
You must obey the default string by the Blizzard (this is not ability name, this is company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.