• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trigger suddenly not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
When i create a new trigger that works, another trigger which is already created and there is not able to work. Both triggers works perfectly fine in carrying out their actions. But when i create this new trigger, the old one does not work. Both triggers do not clash at all.

Is it due to my map's size that the trigger is not working? My map's size i almost 4mb. Or is it there is a limit to the number of triggers? Is there any solution?

Level 6
Let me explain: The triggers have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other, neither are they wrongly done cause they work properly before. The problem is, when i create a new trigger, one of the previous triggers malfunctions (does not work at all). I also just found out that lots of my triggers have malfunctioned and all are from the few bottom-most categories. Therefore I am afraid that if i continue making triggers, my previous triggers will not work.

Facts that might be linked: Only triggers from bottom categories are malfunctioned for now. My map is almost 4mb (~3.8mb without optimizing). My map have a great amount of triggers.

Still trying hard to solve cos i cant let my map that i have been creating for almost one year now to go to the recycle bin.

Level 9
I can't give any advice unless i see the first 2 that were working... and the ones that u added later, to see if the most recent triggers are the cause.
The map size only determine if you can host it on Bnet or not, it has no effect on the triggers inside it.

Are you using WEU? ARe there any "advance- " types of triggers being used? cus i had some probs with triggers and map loading when i was using WEU.

Level 9
I don't anyone will know where to start helping you if you don't give more info about the triggers other than "Both triggers do not clash at all." Thats not a lot of detail. Probably just a trigger error, post them so people can try to help.

Level 6
I am sure that there are no trigger errors. And i have just found that if i delete the newly created trigger, the old trigger works again. The old trigger was NOT AT ALL ALTERED OR DISABLED. So i reckon there is a trigger limit or something =.= cause my map has loads of 'em. However, i still need to know how to solve this if the problem is really trigger limit cause i still need to make lotsa triggers.

Level 5
Are u talking about GUI system? If u are, then go on, if not then i can't help u.
I got experience a bug before, all the trigger suddenly not function! But soon i found out that it was actually caused by a thing. That is I created and set the variable's index to 99999 in Variable Editor. So all the trigger malfunction, unless u set it not so much index.

Level 11
Ok, on Hive you are able to post triggers: this way: type [ TRIGGER ], then you type text (DON'T TYPE SPACES, I types the TAGS so as not to post a trigger I want to post how to post a trigger)m when you finish, type [ /TRIGGER ] at the end (NO SPACES IN TAGS (borders of the posted trigger)) Examp:

[ TRIGGER ](no space)Events:
(space)Unit - A unit dies
(space)Unit - A unit enters region
(no space)Conditions:
(no space)Actions:
(space)Unit - Kill
(space)If (All conditions are true)Then (Then actions) Else (Else actions)
(2 spaces)If:
(3 spaces)Unit Type - Unit type of (triggering unit) equal to Footman
(2 spaces)Then:
(3 spaces)Unit - Hide (triggering unit)
(2 spaces)Else:
(3 spaces)Do nothing[ /TRIGGER ]

NO SPACES WITHIN []
(Download HeroRPG.w3n from Hive's maps resource section/browse campaigns please.)

And try to convert your triggers to custom text. Use Edit/Convert Trigger To Custom Text. When my smooth hero move system didn't work, I converted all triggers there to custom text and it worked. Hero was Paladin and Mover's system wasn't that accurate. When I replaced Paladin with SpellBreaker everything gone cursed.

If you have too many triggers, you may be using "Unit - Enters region" event. You can take all trigger you have with "Unit enters Region" event to one trigger. Use boolean condition "Unit is in region" and loop.

And could you tell us about your such an awesome project? What is it about? What type is it? When will it be ready? Does anybody help you making it? And, if you haven't introduced yourself to the community yet, go Off Topic forums/ Introductions forum. (AOS=Age Of Sleep) (Even the tallest tower begins with the first stone: you will never see a finished tower, it will grow in tall)

Level 6
Trigger that was newly added:
  • Back Leap Shot 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Back Leap Shot
      • (Level of Back Leap Shot for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Set BackLeapShotCaster = (Casting unit)
      • Set BackLeapAngle = (Facing of BackLeapShotCaster)
      • Set BackLeapShotPoint = ((Position of BackLeapShotCaster) offset by 65.00 towards BackLeapAngle degrees)
      • Unit - Make BackLeapShotCaster Invulnerable
      • Unit - Pause BackLeapShotCaster
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to BackLeapShotCaster
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from BackLeapShotCaster
      • Animation - Change BackLeapShotCaster flying height to 50.00 at 500.00
      • Unit - Turn collision for BackLeapShotCaster Off
      • Set BackLeapDistance = 525.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Back Leap Move <gen>
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Animation - Change BackLeapShotCaster flying height to 0.00 at 300.00
      • Wait 0.08 seconds
      • Set BackLeapDistance = 200.00
      • Unit - Make BackLeapShotCaster Vulnerable
      • Animation - Play BackLeapShotCaster's attack animation
      • For each (Integer BackLeapShotIntegerVariable) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set BackLeapShotPoint3 = ((Position of BackLeapShotCaster) offset by 15.00 towards BackLeapAngle degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Back Leap Shot Dummy for (Owner of BackLeapShotCaster) at BackLeapShotPoint3 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BackLeapShotPoint3)
          • Set BackLeapShotPoint3 = (BackLeapShotPoint offset by (Random real number between 0.00 and 120.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Ground BackLeapShotPoint3
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BackLeapShotPoint3)
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Unit - Unpause BackLeapShotCaster
      • Unit - Turn collision for BackLeapShotCaster On
      • Trigger - Turn off Back Leap Move <gen>
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BackLeapShotPoint)
There are 3 other triggers similar to this as this is only level one of the ability. And it is other triggers that first caused this problem. These triggers were added later and caused the following few triggers to malfunction.

Malfuntioned triggers:
  • Test Map Level Trigger
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -lvlup as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Set BlueHero Hero-level to ((Hero level of BlueHero) + 1), Hide level-up graphics
  • Test Map CD Trigger
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -CD as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for BlueHero
  • Test Map Damage Trigger
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -dmg as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of BlueHero to ((Life of BlueHero) - 100.00)
However, this are not the only triggers that stopped working. There are others, but I absolutely know that it was not a problem with triggers as they worked fine before the new ones were added. Now these newly added triggers work but these old ones, amongst many others, do not. So i think there is something like a trigger limit.

Level 11
actually... i find it hard to believe you could have that enormous amount of triggers... mine has a lot and it only reaches 625 :/... try merging... and try to make them more efficient... i know you may reach the "limit" again... but if you merge 2 that means 1 more trigger of any size

Level 9
From your looking triggers, I can tell that you have a large number of them because you make one for each player and dont use arrays.

Like for example u use the event
  • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -lvlup as An exact match
then the action
  • Hero - Set BlueHero Hero-level to ((Hero level of BlueHero) + 1), Hide level-up graphics
Im not sure what you're trying to do but u can add more events in so whenever any player type that it happens, dont need to copy paste triggers so many times for all 12 players. Put all the heros in an array so instead of what you did do this
  • Hero - Set PlayerHero(Player number of(Triggering player)) Hero-level to ((Hero level of PlayerHero(Player number of(Triggering player))) + 1), Hide level-up graphics
That reduce the amount of triggers to 1/12 if what you doing before was copying/pasting for all 12 players. You need less variables also.

Level 11
On a side note, 'Wait' (aka TriggerSleepAction) can't wait for less then .29 seconds. So, even if you put it to .01 it'll still wait .29 seconds.

Level 11
Ok, i did. Either when you did it, you did it horribly wrong. Or someone else did it incorrectly. Heres the map. It'll say around .125. If you play in multiplayer it'll be higher (like .29 or .3)

Test the map and type -run

Check the triggers if you'd like.

Attachments

• WaitTimeTester.w3m
    12.2 KB · Views: 31
Level 11
Run that map, screenshot or it didn't happen.

Either way, unless your building a campaign, it'll slow down in multiplayer (To around .29)

Level 6
Oh my God no... you guys misunderstood me. Those triggers that i posted are just purely for testing the game as you (host) would be playing as blue automatically when you test map so there are no other 11 triggers for the different players. I know how to merge triggers and use arrays for variables. And there really is a trigger limit. I merged some triggers together and the rest were working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.