• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game Text Triggers are not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, all of my text triggers in my map are not working. I know that I am making the triggers correctly, because I have used text triggers in several of my maps, and they worked. For some reason, all triggers that show text are not showing the text. The rest of the actions carried out by the triggers do, but it seems to completely ignore the triggers which display text to all players in the game. This would completely destroy my game, as I am making an ORPG, and so I need the text for quests and such. For some odd reason, the triggers are only not working in this map; my texting triggers in other maps work perfectly fine...

Level 6
Well, then you should check your war3map.wts (open it with notepad) in your map w3x. Use a MPQEditor to open the map. Create a back-up before you do so.

What you will find there will look like this:

STRING 228
{
Welcome, welcome!
}

Convert a trigger that uses Text Display to custom text and check if the display string is somewhat like this " "TRIGSTR_228" "
If it's not, you have to manually rewrite the string to make it fit for you.

And please, post an example of the triggers you have.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Check if your 'units or points' where text if beeing created are corrently set. Meaby the problem lies down there. Also remember to remove leaks if you used to created text at point, and set variable about units to No unit when your text becomes destroyed and those things are no needed anymore.

I know that the trigger is ok, the game is messed up. I recently noticed that my entire map's terrain has been altered!!! My entire 256x256 terrain has been changed... It is messed up so much that it looks like it had to have been done manually, yet it is not even possible to do what was done simply with the raise tool... All of my terrain has been raised awkwardly, and my cliffs made from raised terrain are completely distorted. The terrain is even in impossible shapes, with terrain being raised at an angle of 89 degrees, nearly straight up. The terrain is so impossibly distorted that the moment that I attempt to adjust the height of any section of terrain, the program lags for half of a second before adjusting an entire 100x100 area of terrain because the entire area is at impossible height angles. My terrain has been raised and in many places the water has disappeared, and many units are doodads are UNERNEATH THE TERRAIN. When I drag a selection circle over terrain, I am finding my placed units buried deep beneath my terrain. I am not the one who made these modifications, and I now have to completely recreate all of this very well-made terrain... I do not have an older version of my map saved; I had been saving over it. I noticed the problem when I opened the map, and no such problem existed when I had last saved it. The only other person in my house is my father, and he has no idea how to use the World Editor, let alone pull off such glitches, so this occurence is not a prank by anyone in my home... Has anyone else experienced this disaster?
I believe that this and my triggers not working may have a common cause... This whole thing doesn't even seem possible.
Also, it may be worth mentioning that my full map size is 480x480, but it started out at 480x480, and the bug had never occured until at some point today while I was not working on the map, as the problem with terrain did not exist this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.