• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger Spell] Just an circular knockback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need help to make an spell.. Name is: Roar of Wild
"Push all enemies around the caster to back"
upload_2018-8-18_17-28-58.png

Red points - The Caster
Green points - The Enemies Knockbackeds
Light Blue arrows - The direction of enemies is knockbacked
Blue circle - Max area os Knockback in circular around caster

The AoE of spell is 350 range and cause 100 of damage to affecteds

Someone can help me?

Level 8
If I knew how to do these things, I had done it myself and would not be here asking someone to help me with the circular knock back for my spell :(

I just need an "simples" circular knock back circular AoEcaster.. just this..
These spells of the "spells" section are very ornate and full of things. I need something simple normal, not full of effect or graphics. :(

Level 39
If I knew how to do these things, I had done it myself and would not be here asking someone to help me with the circular knock back for my spell
modify the spell
Dude. Did you try ANYTHING? Did you open the map that that spell came in? Did you read its documentation? Did you attempt to modify the spell? Put a fucking modicum of effort into your shit and you'll get a much more positive and helpful response from us. The spell section is moderated specifically so that spells come with documentation and are easy to change/implement.

Level 39
Okay so it seems some of you are unaware of how the Request forum works. People come here to get stuff done for them.
Sure, that's the point of this forum... but I respectfully disagree with your assessment that we've missed the mark. Nobody here is suggesting the OP make it themselves. Frotty linked to an already-made spell that essentially does what the OP wants and I berated the OP for not seriously looking at it/trying anything. Why remake what already exists? The request has in effect already been fulfilled, the OP just needs to modify the spell to tone down its visual flair, reduce the number of waves, and not base the damage on hero attributes (all of which are configurable within the spell).

Modifying an existing approved resource is not "doing it themselves", it's exercising an essential modding skill.

Last edited:
Level 8
Sure, that's the point of this forum... but I respectfully disagree with your assessment that we've missed the mark. Nobody here is suggesting the OP make it themselves. Frotty linked to an already-made spell that essentially does what the OP wants and I berated the OP for not seriously looking at it/trying anything. Why remake what already exists? The request has in effect already been fulfilled, the OP just needs to modify the spell to tone down its visual flair, reduce the number of waves, and not base the damage on hero attributes (all of which are configurable within the spell).

Modifying an existing approved resource is not "doing it themselves", it's exercising an essential modding skill.

If I knew to "modify" this spell that passed me from the spells section, or change things in type triggers to do the things you have set, I would not be here in the "request" section asking me to help with my "spell" but in the "help with my trigger" section or similar. With all due respect, but if you did not want to or will not help me with the spell I need for my Mage, why did you come here just to be "causing discord" ? :wsad::wsad:

Level 11
I will make you a very basic knock back if you want, what base ability do you plan on using?
I ask to know if it will target a unit or a point or explode from the caster like thunderclap.

Also how fast should it knock back and how far?

Level 8
I will make you a very basic knock back if you want, what base ability do you plan on using?
I ask to know if it will target a unit or a point or explode from the caster like thunderclap.

Also how fast should it knock back and how far?

Is an instant cast in AoECaster
(Like Thunder Clap.. War Stomp.. Fan of Knifes..)
AoE of 350circular knockback

Very thanks dude <3

Level 11
Here you go. Let me know if this works for you.

1) Copy / paste the 2 custom abilities to your game (they will make the system work).

2) Copy / paste the trigger folder

3) Set TPK_Ability_1 to Knock Back Ability 1

4) Set TPK_Ability_2 to Knock Back Ability 2

5) Set TPK_Ability_Cast to the ability you want to gain the knock back effect

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to link the TPK_Ability_Cast (so that variable is useless) so just link the spell you want to be cast as the event in the TPK Cast trigger (the very 1st line, change from divine shield to w/e you want)

Attachments

• TPK.w3x
    20.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Here you go. Let me know if this works for you.

1) Copy / paste the 2 custom abilities to your game (they will make the system work).

2) Copy / paste the trigger folder

3) Set TPK_Ability_1 to Knock Back Ability 1

4) Set TPK_Ability_2 to Knock Back Ability 2

5) Set TPK_Ability_Cast to the ability you want to gain the knock back effect

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to link the TPK_Ability_Cast (so that variable is useless) so just link the spell you want to be cast as the event in the TPK Cast trigger (the very 1st line, change from divine shield to w/e you want)

omg, very thanks dude <3

Status
Not open for further replies.