1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[GUI]Stomp Of Corruption v1.4 [MUI]

Submitted by baassee
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Here we go again

As I've been workin on my teams wc3 project, been on vacation, school projects etc I havent had the time to upload something here. And also I wanted to learn MUI so I've read Kingz tutorial like a 10000 times. Read many many spells especially paladons shockwave with knockback.

About The Spell
Description:
Stomp Of Corruption
The Chieftain stomps the ground, creating a wave of corruption in each direction, dealing 1,2x strentgh to all units it hit. Also every unit the wave passes get knockbacked. Also all the unit it passes gets a small armor reduction for a small duration. Knockback range, armor reduction and duration increases by level.
How to change the spell info
The spell is fully customizeable for your needs, check the read me ingame and the trigger headers. Also check the documentation, documented almost everything. If you wanna change the armor reduce values, change in the object editor, reduce dummy spell.
Remember!
If you want to use this for a normal unit, change the damage variable to something else then the attribute I have now!

If the screenie were to small, then check it out below:

In-Game Screenshot
[​IMG]

Changelog
Version:
1.0 Released

1.1 Changed the armor reduce ability to something more proper, changed special effect according to kingz advice also added a eye-candy sp and some variables to choose if you want it or not want it, minor code change, made a preload trigger, minor typo fixed.

1.2 Fixed preload trigger, removed music from the map, also changed a minor trigger in the map stuff.

v1.3 & 1.4
removed the temporary arrayed variables, added new variables not temporary ones. fixed preload trigger once more, now it actually destroys itself, changed a bit preloading stuff, fixed knockback for units, now it isn't totally random. Fixed one hit only function.

Credits goes to:

Kingz for his super dupa tutorial and sp choice
Paladon for his knockback system and his shockwave spell (learned alot from that one :p )

Credit me if you use it bla bla bla.

Keywords:
stomp, corruption, undead, wave, death, missile, circle, mui, mpi, baassee
Contents

Stomp of corruption v1.4 (Map)

Reviews
19:31, 19th Apr 2009 Hanky: Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating. Documentation: 5 Visual Effects: 2 Triggering: 4 Idea: 3 Total: [img][img][img][img][img] Well the spell is ok, but I don't...
  1. 19:31, 19th Apr 2009
    Hanky:
    Evaluation

Rating Points
    Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating.

Documentation: 5
    Visual Effects: 2
    Triggering: 4
    Idea: 3

Total:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Rating Comment

Well the spell is ok, but I don't like how you used the effects. It's kinda boring to create a "spam" of same looking effects, but that's just my opinion. The triggering was pretty good, the spell is leakfree and MUI. But there's also a little point which isn't good. You should add a "Preload-Trigger" where you preload the ability and the used effects, if you don't add this "Preload-Trigger" there'll be always this "first cast lag". The idea of the spell was ok, but it was nothing new.

To bring all this together, your spell could need some little work. Currently I would rate this spell with an useful.

Advice: If you didn't understood my rating or if you maybe have questions because you don't know how to fix bugs or leaks etc. You can always send a private message to me. I will answer as soon I got time.

2. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Be gentle judging please. It's still my skills are on BETA stage ... :p

3. Deuterium

Deuterium

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    baassee... no offense... but i didnt like the idea... but it is well done... didnt check triggers cause im short on time...

EDIT:
    btw... slightly laggy... lower the number of effects if u dont want to kill shittier VGA's than mine :p

4. fico23f

fico23f

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good spell i will use on my map
    Can i?

5. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Will be updated later today. Thank you.

6. calex3

calex3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    nice but laggs a little and it is little too big and black......

7. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy Shit! Thats one badass explosion^^
    Im going to use this for sure :p

8. Deuterium

Deuterium

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah about the blackness... use an undead model instead of Chieftain :p

9. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should change the effects and add preload, if you don't know how to add a preload, pm me...
    For the effects i recommend using:
    Abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\AvengerMissile.mdl
    instead of the death coil, at least for the stomp eyecandy.

10. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The thing about it that I was using Black_Stans' chieftain skin but it took alot of space so unnecessary import.

Yeah Kingz going to fix the preload today just had to ask Hanky about a thing.

Edit:

The spell have been updated!

The screenshot doesnt show the proper one, press it to see the new one or check the in-game screenshot!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  11. dimitri231

dimitri231

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woah, bad idea.and not original

12. Deuterium

Deuterium

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WOW!! the new special effect! FUCKING AMAZING! baassee, the effect changed everything! :D (thanks to Kingz)

@dimitri:
    - why do you have a negative attitude towards other people's spells? and no it's a cool idea :)

13. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If i am not wrong preloading for effects looks like:
    • Set gfx1 = *effect string*
    • Set gfx2 = *effect string*
    • Game - Preload gfx1
    • Game - Preload gfx2
    • Custom script: call PreloadStart()

While preloading for abilities looks like:
    • SOC Ini
      • Set SOC_TempPoint[0] = (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at SOC_TempPoint[0] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Add SOC Armor Dummy to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Stomp Of Corruption to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 0.01 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SOC_TempPoint[0])

When adding abilities add all the custom abilities you are going to use for the spell and when preloading effects be sure you don't use a variable which value is <Empty String> cause you did that, you created an effect from a empty string.
    Also remove the sound playing, and manualy set the hero level and ability level to avoid the map initialization lag.
    Just to let you know: Sounds also needs to be preloaded or they will cause lag the first time they are played.
    Else the eyecandy is better now, just retrigger the preload trigger.

14. Deuterium

Deuterium

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    btw, knockback is sort of buggy, it doesnt only knockbak away from the caster:
    - sometimes towards the caster
    - sometimes to some random direction

15. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah it's weird but thats if you move the caster after casting the spell during the knockback :S

@ Kingz

well dunno, fixing stuff, got it about the strings

16. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think that is cause the knocback isn't using a specific angle, it is using locations.
    @baassee
    Still remove the sound, it causes the initial lag which looks ugly.

17. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    havnet been updated yet ;)

edit

Updated :)

18. LsK_LaDyGaGa

LsK_LaDyGaGa

Resources:
    Resources:
    to fix knockback gltich

make it channeing mybe thatll fix him moving

19. akblabla

akblabla

Resources:
    Resources:
    then fix it. But i have a sugestion what about making that the more enemies around him the less splash? and what about making if a sliding unit hits a tree then the sliding unit will get its slide speed reduced greatly and the faster he hits the tree the more damage he will take. The last sugestion is what about making some diffrent special effects when the ability has a higher livel? like Howl of terror special?