• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

trigger/spell/ability related question...s

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are several trigger based (i hope) spells/ability
-I wanna make a spell that kills one of ur own unit (u can choose ur target) and all the units around the "sacrificed" unit will gain a dmg & HP bonus
TIPS NEEDED
-I also want 2 make a spell from Diablo2. wat it does is it will target a corpse on the ground and do a ... area effect dmg. the dmg is based on the percentage of the hp of the corpse (so if u do that 2 a ... foot men's corpse, then the dmg will be XX% of the total hp of foot men also i want 2 make this skill a hero skill so it can be learned and improved.
-The pop limit of my map is 200 (which i kno how 2 do) but i want to make one of the race to be able 2 train a Unique unit (which means u can only have one on the map at a time) and this unit give u a 100 additional pop for the race.
-I had made several "secondary heros" that has only 2 skills which u can imrpove but i want 2 make a limit amont of that hero. NOTE: although these scondary heros are limited (5 of each for example) i still want the heros trained in the altar 2 be one of each. (so 1 pally, 1 montain king, 1 archmage... u get the picture)
-I also want to make a ... "breaking-point-upgrade" it means that if u choose 2 upgrade research A, then the second u click on that upgrade button, research B, C and/or D will nolonger be avilable untill the game is over. (well, each of these research will unlock a unique ... tech tree.. yeah, thats the proper term...)
-also i wanna make some units similar 2 the ... question above. so a total of ... XX number of ... unique units but u can only build 1. yeah... (this unit may or may not be a hero)

thats all 4 now
thx 4 all... tip slash info =)

Level 34
1. You can use different skills such as (not sure) acid bomb. You can make it target a friendly unit and add different stats. I don't think Health is one though.

I can't give you a good answer, my trigger work is poor, but the others seem fairly easy.

oh and also i need a "radar jam" skill. so this skill is an aura, and whenever the unit that has this aura (assume enemy) is near ur ... base (the place where u drop gold) ur mini map will go ... coo coo (doesn't matter wat it does, just fails 2 function properly)

and i need a blind skill (u use this on enemy)
this is perminent skill (last 4ever)
when u cast this on an enemy unit, that unit's range-of-sight (or line-of-sight) is reduced to ... i dont kno... 2. (oh and this is ... exactly the same skill in starcraft, the medic one)

Level 9
I wanna make a spell that kills one of ur own unit (u can choose ur target) and all the units around the "sacrificed" unit will gain a dmg & HP bonus
TIPS NEEDED

Use something like dark ritual, but take away the mana gained. Then use the 'pick unit group action, then use if then else action within this and do if unit is owned by owner of casting unit set hp/mana to 'hp/mana of picked + the amount you want. And as for damage, create a dummy unit to cast a permanent damage bonus on it. Dont know if you can keep doing it though, it might only work once.

-I also want 2 make a spell from Diablo2. wat it does is it will target a corpse on the ground and do a ... area effect dmg. the dmg is based on the percentage of the hp of the corpse (so if u do that 2 a ... foot men's corpse, then the dmg will be XX% of the total hp of foot men also i want 2 make this skill a hero skill so it can be learned and improved.

Make an ability but set the targets allowed to dead. I guess you know the area damage trigger. Dont use it. Instead again use pick every unit in unit group, and make sure you use if then else to target units not owned by the caster, then deal damage and make the damage using 'arithmetic'. I suggest making the formula to place in damage 'max hp of target unit of ability being cast' x %. Good luck making the necromancer.

-The pop limit of my map is 200 (which i kno how 2 do) but i want to make one of the race to be able 2 train a Unique unit (which means u can only have one on the map at a time) and this unit give u a 100 additional pop for the race.

Pop you mean food? I guess you could make it have a food cost of -100? To do values like this hold shift before changing the value.

-I had made several "secondary heros" that has only 2 skills which u can imrpove but i want 2 make a limit amont of that hero. NOTE: although these scondary heros are limited (5 of each for example) i still want the heros trained in the altar 2 be one of each. (so 1 pally, 1 montain king, 1 archmage... u get the picture)

Then make one shrine with primary heroes, then a different one with secondary heroes. Make them destruct upon choosing a hero, and use variables and revive triggers instead of an altar to bring them back.

-I also want to make a ... "breaking-point-upgrade" it means that if u choose 2 upgrade research A, then the second u click on that upgrade button, research B, C and/or D will nolonger be avilable untill the game is over. (well, each of these research will unlock a unique ... tech tree.. yeah, thats the proper term...)

I think theres a 'remove upgrade' or 'remove research' action from building. Try looking for it. No wait found it.... set the maximum research level to 0.

-also i wanna make some units similar 2 the ... question above. so a total of ... XX number of ... unique units but u can only build 1. yeah... (this unit may or may not be a hero)

Use an altar. But as i said before kill it once its built, or replace it with an altar without that hero after if an explosion is too messy.

Hope that helps.

And radar I did once. I did this.

periodic event - every .03 seconds

pick every unit in map
if
and (multiple functions)
unit type of picked unit equal to 'building with radar'
level of research for radar equal to 1
owner of picked unit equal to 'friendly player'
number of units within range of picked unit owned by 'enemy player' greater than 0
then
ping minimap at location of picked unit
else
do nothing

but dummy aura would also work, and is better, so if you can do dummy units i advise you do (although a lot of people never seem to)

no, the food thing i meant with out that unit ur food cap is 200
but when u build that unit, ur food cap is 300.

and the secondary hero thing..
ur secondary cannot be revive...
they will not show their... head picture on ur left top screen
and pressing F1-... waterver number that's the last won't select these heros (oh and i knon how 2 do these)
and they are trained in different structure (eg. for human, the first sec. hero is trained in barrack, the second one is trained in ... arcane.. i think .. well u get the picture XD)
but they still lvl and get skill points like other heros

and the radar thing... you might be saying the stuff wat i wanted 2 kno but now i have no clue
so just 2 make sure
i want a mobile unit
that will screw enemy's mini map
if it is near an enemy structure
(so the enemy's mini map won't show any units on it)

but thx!!!!!!
will take sometime 2 try them all XD
i'll tell u when i have no clue wat 2 do =)

Level 2
-I wanna make a spell that kills one of ur own unit (u can choose ur target) and all the units around the "sacrificed" unit will gain a dmg & HP bonus
TIPS NEEDED

U can probably do the thing they do in dota's omniknight, only the other way around. Use a frost nova with a positive damage value, then use a negative value for the aoe. As for the damage, you can probably make a dummy unit with the roar ability, then create it when the unit gets killed and make it cast roar, then remove it from play again.

make a spell that targets corpses then do a trigger that damages in an area around the corpse, dealing the damage equal to 0.234234135 x (max life of target unit of ability being cast)
If that doesnt work, you can always make a dummy unit on top of the corpse then let it cast a spell based on animate dead, only with really little range. Then use a trigger than selects everything in that range and blow them up for a % of their hp.

Make your pop limit 300, then make that unit's "food produced" value 100, its in the stats bit of ur object editor.

Make an integer that counts how many units of that type you have alive. Then use a trigger that activates whenever something begins to train a unit. If theres too many of the unit, then make it cancel the training, then tell the dude that did it an in-game message saying "you can't do that coz if you do your brain will explode!"

The other two i can't bother figuring out =/
Easiest way to do the second is to make a second building. Then when you do the upgrade, it actually upgrades the building into another unit with different upgrades available.

uhm..
i think u misunderstand my ... need on the population thingy
wat i meant is (lets assume we are talking about human) u can build 99999999999 farms/hall but ur pop will never pass 200, but only that 1 unique unit will let u pass 200 pop.. and go into 300... so without that unit u cannot bypass 200 pop
but if i do wat u said then i can reach 300 pop with or without that unit
XD
but thx

Level 2
well the lame way i could think of to do that is to substitute all the farms/halls u build that would make the pop limit go past 200 with ones that dont produce food... but that's stupid and wont work very well, because if you kill a farm that has food, it wont re-cap food limit to 200.

The other, more effective but very inefficient way is to create a dummy unit which gives a small amount of food and an integer that counts how many of these dummy units you should have.
(let the dummy unit give food equal to the greatest common factor of you max food value, and the amount of food your halls/farms give. For example, if your farm gives 4 food and your halls give 16 food, make the dummy unit give 4 food. But if your farms give 3 food and your halls give 6 food, make it one, as 3 doesnt divide 200 and it wont work well.)
Also create a boolean that determines if you have a special unit

Now, we'll just use the example of a hall giving 16 food and a farm giving 4 food, so your dummy unit gives 4 food.
Every time a hall is built, create a trigger that checks if the food limit would exceed 200. I.e., if the counting integer is already 50 (or above), then dont create any dummy units. However, if the counting integer is for example, 48, then create 2 dummy units, and set the counting integer to 52. This would cap your food limit to 200.

Every time a hall dies however, create a trigger which deducts from the counting integer. E.g. when a hall dies, deduct the counting integer by 4, if the resulting number (after the deduction) is below 50, then remove a certain number of dummy units from play.
e.g. if a hall was killed when counting number is 50, then the resulting number would be 46, so u kill 4 dummy units to make the food limit 184.
e.g.2. If a hall was killed when counting number is 53, then resulting number would be 49, so you only kill one dummy unit to make the food limit 196

However, as your special unit would raise the cap to 75 dummy units, you need to make an if/else statement which checks if your special unit is in the game and if it is, then you will add/kill dummy units appropriate to the 75 unit cap, same thing with creating the units.

When your special unit is created, tick the boolean value to true. Then, check ur counting number to see if it had exceeded 50. If it did, then add dummy units as appropriate
If it didnt, then dont
If it exceeded 75, then create 25 dummy units to raise your food cap from 200 to 300

Thats all i could think of... its really inefficient as it creates too many units =/, or so i think. I don't think you can make a trigger to change the gameplay constants... coz... you know, they're constants.

wow, that some deep... methods of solving my problems
thx =)
but there is one tiny little question i wanna ask...
uhm... although u said u dont' think i can change the gameplay constants with triggers.. but i still wanna ask.

the thing is food is always ... linked with upkeep (yes i kno... here it comes.. XD) so i wanna change the upkeep value..
so without my ... special unit my upkeep... gap is (this is just... example) 75, 120, 155

but when i have that special unit, my gap will become (still example) 100, 200, 255.

any idea if thats even possible
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XD

arg,
uhm... u kno there is a no upkeep, low upkeep and high upkeep yes?
so i want the map (i assume u kno wat the unique unit and the other stuff means) 2 have these different upkeep ... (wats the word....) "appointed" at different number of food
but when u have the unique unit ur "appointed" food number will change.
for example u will have low upkeep at ... 100food
but when u have the special unit, u will reach low upkeep at ... 150 food
(i think thats... as clear as it gets XD)

Level 2
yeah i dont think u can do that monkie T.T, or at least i dont know how to. I've never changed the gameplay constants. I think all you can do is work around the gameplay constants with triggers. To do that at the same time as your whole food limit alterations is a bit brainbusting for me

Status
Not open for further replies.