• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

garrason related question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanna make a infantry units be able 2 get vehicles and drive them. and a vehicle without a crew can't move, and u dont have line of sight (or watever its called for Warcraft3), also larger vehicles, like tanks, requires probably 3 or 4 people to drive it, so say u only got 2 people in a tank, the tank can only move, it can't attack.
also when the vehicle blows up, the crew in it dies. and the crews can leave the vehicle at will. once the vehicle is empty, it can be *captured* by any players,
any tips on how to make this?
thx.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
You can't make it unless you know how to trigger. There are tons of things you asked, and I don't know how good are you at triggering, so I don't know if I will be able to help you...
For "driving", make event " A unit is loaded in transport". Then, make variable increase by 1, and make Car's Move speed to X (Will need it for later). If the unit leaves the transport, decrease the variable by 1 and make Car's Move speed to 0, or take the control of it. We allready solved not moving, and line of sight if you changed the owner of unit. Variables are needed for attacking. If the variable is more than 3, that means that more than 3 units have entered the car. And then make a trigger.
-Unit Attacks

-If variable is LESS than 3
-Unit type of attacking unit equal to Tank

-Order attacking unit to stop

Now let's see, capturing and leaving the tank is done cause of Warcraft 3. Exploding vehicle, hmm. You will have to set new variables to units that entered the vehicle. Then make trigger when vehicle dies to simply kill those units in variables.

You can't make it unless you know how to trigger. There are tons of things you asked, and I don't know how good are you at triggering, so I don't know if I will be able to help you...
For "driving", make event " A unit is loaded in transport". Then, make variable increase by 1, and make Car's Move speed to X (Will need it for later). If the unit leaves the transport, decrease the variable by 1 and make Car's Move speed to 0, or take the control of it. We allready solved not moving, and line of sight if you changed the owner of unit. Variables are needed for attacking. If the variable is more than 3, that means that more than 3 units have entered the car. And then make a trigger.
-Unit Attacks

-If variable is LESS than 3
-Unit type of attacking unit equal to Tank

-Order attacking unit to stop

Now let's see, capturing and leaving the tank is done cause of Warcraft 3. Exploding vehicle, hmm. You will have to set new variables to units that entered the vehicle. Then make trigger when vehicle dies to simply kill those units in variables.

hmm i'm guessing we're using the skills the transport (like zepplin or ships) use? the load unit, unload unit, and hold cargo?
if thats the case, how will i be able to get my units into the vehicle at the 1st place? since any player's infantry can get in the vehicle therefore i can't give the vehicle's ownership to one of the players, and if 2 people are rushing towards one, only the 1st infantry can get in (thus the check radius thing doesn't really work here).

I think that it's impossible to detect unit in vehicle. But still, there are ways with variables. And yes, I meant do to it with load unit, unload and hold cargo.

hmm u still didn't answer my question though...
4 example
there is a car parking at a location, player 1's infantry is standing next to it, and player 2's infantry is running towards it. both player 1 and player 2's infantry can get in that car regardless of their position. so what im wondering is, if u use load/unload/hold cargo, u need to have ownership to ur vehicle inorder 2 get ur troops in it... u can't just get ur foot man into ur allie's zepplin... at least i dont think so.... not to mention the fact that there are ... wat, 3 players on each side so there are enemy status involved.

Vunjo

Level 14
wait, you just want for units to enter their own vehicle? Like Player 1's units not to enter player 2's car? If that is so, simply make a trigger that will detect unit entered vehicle, and simply move him to the car, but not IN the car. Maybe add some warning sounds and text messages. Also, for this you must have condition, owner of transporting unit not equal to owner of entering unit or something like it.
EDIT: You cannot load other players' units.

well i guess wat i really want is to have vehicles share among 6 players. it's true that if a vehicle has some1 in it (say player 1), that player can add more infantry into it (and player2 or any other players cant get units into that vehicle).
but when the vehicle is empty, it belongs to .. *a netural player*
and i dont wanna use a trigger that gives vehicles to a certain player when that player is so many yards away from a vehicle, mainly because what if u dont want it and u want ur teamate to have it, and ur troops are happened 2 stand next to it?

hmmm so u mean like i get my infantry next 2 the vehicle cast the ... *get ready 2 get in the car.. say open door* spell (it should be melee spell), then u have the ownership of it, then u get in? ... and somehow make a trigger (i guess?) that will give the vehicle's ownership back to the neutral player when its got no passenger?

Vunjo

Level 14
hmmm so u mean like i get my infantry next 2 the vehicle cast the ... *get ready 2 get in the car.. say open door* spell (it should be melee spell), then u have the ownership of it, then u get in? ... and somehow make a trigger (i guess?) that will give the vehicle's ownership back to the neutral player when its got no passenger?

Yeah exactly:goblin_yeah:

Level 33

This could work, let me just create a test map for you =D
Test map attached
It's the least I can do

Attachments

• Transport.w3x
    13.2 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.