• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vehicle Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.

I was attempting to add a "vehicle ownership" system to my map and ran into a few issues. Sorry if the answers to them are obvious, I just returned to wc3 editing.

Basically, there is a ruined factory with a few "damaged" vehicles (Neutral Passive) nearby. What I planned was to get the player to repair those vehicles (thoroughly), and gains control of them. But I don't know how to detect the player who conducted the repair to change ownership to them. Is there a way?

I also wanted to implement a "gasoline" system with the mana. Basically, when the mana of the vehicle reaches 0, the vehicle is immobilized until refuel. But I need ideas on how to immobilize it. The Set Movement Speed has a minimum, and changing ownership of the immobilized vehicle to Neutral Passive can get quite messy. Oh, and the mana detection event is very specific, is there a way to make it generic to any vehicle?

Level 11
for the gasoline system you may activate a cloack of flames ability that ads a buff to the unit (no damage) it will drain the mana and if it gets to 0 you add a trigger that says unit has buff (cloack of flames) = to false then set move speed to 0

make it periodically

EDIT: i missed the part of the "limit ms" just order the unit to stop periodically untill the skill is active again

Level 37
make a region where that vehicles stands, and when the player enters that region change the ownership. sec ill make you a trigger.
View attachment 25976
and a simple trigger

• Ownership
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of Siege Engine 0000 <gen> to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
for the fuel try to make that the unit is isued the order like move, and drain mana with ecah order, if you get it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.