• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

trigger happening for ALL units!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok so im making a map right now and what happens is you make a unit and it teleports to mid as soon as its done and is switched to computer control. the problem is i want to add heros but the trigger does the same thing to heros as units how can i solve this?

++rep to the person that helps!!

Level 7
you are amazing ty

Edit
Sry its not working at all now let me copy the trigger real quick

Untitled Trigger 003
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
((Trained unit) is A peon-type unit) Equal to False
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Owner of (Trained unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
(Owner of (Trained unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
(Owner of (Trained unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
Actions
Unit - Move (Trained unit) instantly to (Center of largeback temple1 <gen>)
Unit - Change ownership of (Trained unit) to Player 4 (Purple) and Retain color

there thats the trigger plz help mes!

Level 18
Why do you have an or condition. You're checking to see whether its a hero and not a peon (redundant check, unless you're making your heroes Workers). If these are not true, then it will still execute if the trained (triggering, both reference the same unit) is owned by players 1, 2, or 3.

I'm thinking you need to have an And condition rather than an Or condition judging by the thread so far.

Level 7
im sry im not to good at any of this lol i just started triggering like......4 days ago maybe you could show me what it should look like??

Level 5
make a unit and it teleports to mid as soon as its done and is switched to computer control. the problem is i want to add heros but the trigger does the same thing to heros as units how can i solve this?

• Events
  • Conditions
  • Or - Multiple Conditions
  • (Trained Unit) is A Hero) Not Equal to True
  • (Trained Unit) is A Peon) Not Equal to True
  • Actions
  • Unit - Instantly move (Trained Unit) to Middle
  • Unit - Change ownership of (Trained Unit) to (Player) and Change Color
Doesn't he want something like this?

Level 7
ill just say what trigger should do maybe that will help lol. When a unit is trained i want it to instanly teleport to a certain spot, change control to purple, and attack move to a certain location. BUT i DONT want it to happen to heros or the builder JUST UNITS

Level 5
ill just say what trigger should do maybe that will help lol. When a unit is trained i want it to instanly teleport to a certain spot, change control to purple, and attack move to a certain location. BUT i DONT want it to happen to heros or the builder JUST UNITS

Just do this:
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit is trained
  • Conditions
  • Or - Multiple Conditions
  • (Trained Unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
  • (Trained Unit) is A Peon) Equal to False
  • Actions
  • Unit - Instantly Move Trained Unit to Rect 001 (gen)
  • Unit - Change (Trained Unit)'s ownership to (Player 4(Purple)) and Change Color
  • Unit - Order (Trained Unit) to Attack-Move to Rect 002 (gen)
Rect 001 being that certain point, and Rect 002 being the region you want it to attack move to.

Status
Not open for further replies.