• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Skill Points isn't working for all heross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I started making some heros for a map, and made this trigger to make heros start with 15 skill points (for stat assignement)

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Picked unit): Add 15 points)
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
I placed a bunch of heros to test some stuff, and I found different heros get different amount of skill points. I don't know why this is happening. The main problem is the Arthas (With Sword), wich only gets 4 points, no matter the quantity of skill points i set on trigger, though other heros do get affected...

Other heroes get 11.

A Rexxar gets 16 points, wich is good, cuz there's 15 from the trigger, and 1 from starting hero.

Any clues about this issue?

Level 20
Uuuuh... ok...

Is there a way to set a constant 5 Skill Point / Lvl for all heros, no matter the quantity of skills available to distribute points?

There's only 3 skills: Str, Agi, and Int..

Ah well, for some reason, adding them periodically fools the engine:
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Picked unit): Add 7 points
        • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Picked unit): Add 7 points

Level 20
Custom skill points quantity constant

I want my hero to get 6 SkillPoints per lvl.

INFO:

- When he lvls up he gets one (Some Warcraft constant i don't know how to modify. - A trigger adds him 3 Skill Points, another one gives him 2 Skill Points (If i set 5, it just gives 3, but this way it works).

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

- The hero gets a maximum of 9 Skill Points. it's kinda "Secrewed up". No matter how many lvls it gets, it stays at 9.

QUESTIONS

- Is there a constant to make it "6 Skill Points" for lvl, so I don't have to trigger it?
- Is there a constant Skill Point cap i should know about?

Level 20
Sorry! I forgot i had posted that... I think that Merging both of them would be the the reasonable action. BTW, i did read your answer, i did it that way, but doesn't work anyway =/ A lvl 7 Hero should have 6x7 Skill Points = 42, but only has 9. As you said, depends on number of abilities available, but i don't want it to work that way, but separatedly. Maybe using Skill Points as variable, though I have no idea of anything about variables =/

in Guild of Hyppos you can have any amount of skill points, though there are only 3 skills available (Str, Agi, Int) mmm =/ And even better, after lvl 30 there's a unit that lets you change custom stat points. You can pay 1000 to restore 10 of Str, Agi, or Int, and get those 10 Skill Points back for another use... =/ I'd like to do that (or similar, since my stats works a bit differently)

Level 37
There's a limit on how many skill points you can add at a time. The limit is the number of skill points the hero can use on his abilities.

If it has 3 hero abilities with max level 3, then you can add 9 skill points at a time. If it has one hero ability with max level of 2, you can add only 2 skill points at a time.

Use the trick Pharaoh_ showed to add more skill points.

Level 20
Maker, right now, there are two triggers that add 3/2 points each time a Hero levels up, and each hero has 4 skills to upgrade, each one with one lvl, (they get removed via trigger right after using). At the begginning hero has 6 skill points, if he lvl ups, then he has 9 (and not 12, as supossed), and if he lvls up again, he has 9 again (not 18), etc... and it's via trigger, adding 3/2 points. See

• Hero lvl up
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Triggering unit): Add 3 points
      • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Triggering unit): Add 2 points
The additional point is the natural wc3 lvl up skill point.

Also tried doing it this way:

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Picked unit): Add 3 points
      • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Picked unit): Add 2 points
Does nothing at the end. My hero can accumulate more tan 9 skill points available for use... and i really need it to be able to =/

Status
Not open for further replies.