• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Adding hero skill points upon start and levelup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello fellow hivers,

Ive decided to include an attribute skill system in my map (+1 Str, +1 Agi, +1 Int). Everythings working as intended, but I cant find the problem with skill points. (Please excuse the german words in my triggers, I will provide translations below)

The hero starts out with 1 on every three attributes and is supposed to have 21 skill points available at the start.

• Held - Modify unspent skill points of (Target unit of issued order): Einstellen auf 21 points
Upon leveling up, the hero is supposed to have additional 4 skill points.

• Basic Levelup
    • Ereignisse
      • Einheit - A unit Steigt eine Stufe auf
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Held - Modify unspent skill points of (Leveling Hero): Einstellen auf ((Unspent skill points of (Leveling Hero)) + 3) points
The issue is that ingame the hero starts out with only 4 skill points. He receives the 4 skill points upon leveling as intended, but if he doesnt spend them and the number of skill points would exceed 6 by leveling up again, it just stops at 6 skill points, thus loosing all the skill points he should actually have at that point.

Ive looked for tutorials or threads discussing this topic, but I cant find any. Id appreciate any help.

Translations:
Held = Hero | Einheit = Unit | Einstellen auf = Set to | Ereignisse = Events | Steigt eine Stufe auf = is leveling up | Bedingungen = Conditions | Aktionen = Actions

Level 3
God damn it. I solved it again a minute after I posted a thread :ogre_rage:

The problem was that my dummy abilities that I used to level up attributes all only had 1 level, so the game capped the maximum number of unused points to 6.

Ive set all three attribute levels to 99 and now it works fine. Well, maybe this can help someone thats as dumb as me.

Solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.