• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger for living units on damage upon blighted ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi. I am in the middle of making a map called The Desolation of the Scourge and am reaching the final stages of development. One of the aspects of the map is to make human units take damage while on blighted ground. I have tried to give them a negative health regeneration while on blight but it seems that it disables healing regeneration such as healing wards and fountain of health, which I assume is based on there initial regeneration.
So here is my request. I would love someone to help me create a trigger in GUI or Jass that will allow me to make all living units take damage while on blighted ground. If anyone can help me post on the thread or Personal Message me. I would be grateful and you will receive special credits.

Level 7
How about using the damage aura from the tornado? You just change the objectives of the aura. You could create a dummy on the center of the blight with the aura.
If you have too many interactions with the blight you can detect it with triggers. Just setting a group with the humans units, then checking if the terrain is blighted and causing damage or adding the aura

Level 25
One way you can test before doing all of this, does adding the ring of regeneration ability to a human unit (while keeping the negative reg on blight) solve this?
Otherwise, pseudo code cuz I'm lazy:

----Trigger 1
unit enters entire map
check if unit is human, ground unit and organic

Add it to "HumanUnits"

----Trigger 2
Every 0.25 second
pick every unit in HumanUnits
set TempPoint1 = position of picked unit
Check if terrain at temppoint1 == blight!
if true: set picked unit health -= 2
cleanup tempPoint1

----Trigger 3
A unit dies
Check if unit is in HumanUnits
Remove unit from HumanUnits

Level 5
One way you can test before doing all of this, does adding the ring of regeneration ability to a human unit (while keeping the negative reg on blight) solve this?
Otherwise, pseudo code cuz I'm lazy:

----Trigger 1
unit enters entire map
check if unit is human, ground unit and organic

Add it to "HumanUnits"

----Trigger 2
Every 0.25 second
pick every unit in HumanUnits
set TempPoint1 = position of picked unit
Check if terrain at temppoint1 == blight!
if true: set picked unit health -= 2
cleanup tempPoint1

----Trigger 3
A unit dies
Check if unit is in HumanUnits
Remove unit from HumanUnits

Thanks for the suggestion ill give both a try and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.